X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Changing 1098's Inputs.

My dealer mentioned in theory becuase of the way the inputs are linear on the 1098 you can remove/change some ofthe boards.

Has anyone does this?

Would it be possible to, say, remove the S Vid board and replace it with an additional set of Multi Inputs?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No. While the cards are removeable, they all have to be in their same place.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fishy
      • Jul 2004

So really Rotel's whole modula system is a complete crock! When I come to replace the 1098 (funds allowing) I wont be looking at Rotel as they are always more than a few months behind everyone else, with the same quality

Fish

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        No. While the cards are removeable, they all have to be in their same place.

Kevin D.
        so just curious. What is the point of removable cards if they cant be switched?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Ease of diagnosing and repairing problems and the ability to update individual cards as needs arise. I know the DSP board has been updated with better shielding to help with some center channel noise. After replacing a 1068's DSP board on-site, I'll gladly take a card solution.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Ease of diagnosing and repairing problems and the ability to update individual cards as needs arise. I know the DSP board has been updated with better shielding to help with some center channel noise. After replacing a 1068's DSP board on-site, I'll gladly take a card solution.

Kevin D.
            So i can replace the DSP board? Should I look into that if I decide to keep the 1098 since it an older verion?

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Vancouver
              So i can replace the DSP board? Should I look into that if I decide to keep the 1098 since it an older verion?
              Certainly. Judging from the firmware you started from you probably have the older board. Rotel should be able to see from the serial number.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Certainly. Judging from the firmware you started from you probably have the older board. Rotel should be able to see from the serial number.

Kevin D.
                good to know. So if I call rotel and tell them the number they can send out the board? Is it an install I can do myself?

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Yup, remove two screws, swap boards, reinstall two screws.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

ok ill ask my dealer if he can throw it in if i buy it. Is there a product number for it or will he know what the DSP board its?

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

I'm sure there's an internal part number, but I wouldn't know it. It's covered as a warranty piece, shouldn't cost you or your dealer anything.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"