X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

CES Recap:

The wireless Internet at the Imperial Palace was hit or miss, but due to a canceled flight I can now post from the airport.

The Rotel/B&W suite was nice as well as everyone there. They were showing most of what I expected, with a few surprises. No pictures as they were test models and designs could change. You can check out the press release threads for the details. I'll hit the highlights and then give you a forecast.

RB-1072 100w x 2 Digital amp:

Uses two slightly newer versions of the ICE modules found in the 1077. Should sound as good, if not better, than the 1077.

RVE-1060 1080i scaler:

480p, 720p, 1080i only scaler. 2 HDMI, 11 analog inputs. Not designed to be a scaler for everyone, just one to easily integrate with any 10 series receiver or processor. Connects to the serial control port to allow a single remote solution. If you need custom resolutions or more HDMI inputs, look for a different scaler.

RDV-1093 1080p DVD/DVDA player:

A 1092 with new mechanics. Improved speed and disc compatibility. No new features. It's a running change to the 1092. Costs Rotel more but the retail is staying the same. The new transport is lead-free, so the 1093 should be available all across Europe now.

RC-1082 analog preamp:

Performance close to or above the RC-1090. Plenty of inputs including a front analog jack for MP3 players. Unit on display did not have a HT passthrough but they believe they could have a solution before its release.

RSX-1058 Receiver:

This is a new model, not a replacement. The entry level piece is still the RSX-1057. Even then, this new model is only $700 more then the 1057; well worth it if you need the additional features.

Basically take a 1057, add two more zones of multi-room support and a scaler. The 1058 does use a new DSP chip from TI, which may lead to additional functions or sound. This is the only unit they have available in NA right now and is still a beta product. It currently does not decode PCM sound via HDMI, but that does not mean anything for the final product.

Again if you don't need a 4-zone system or you do need custom scaling, look at the 1057 with an outboard scaler.

Outlook and future products:

Anything in this section is purposely vague. Believe me when I say ROTEL does watch this forum and what you feel or say can change things.

Rotel is looking at adding more digital amps. What combinations would you purchase?

If a pre/pro version of the 1058 were to be released this year, expect the 1068 to be replaced first. Due to some import restrictions, the 1068 isn't available in all markets and they would like to remedy that.

HDMI 1.3 and decoding new formats:
    Currently it's too expensive to do it right (video bandwidth requirements). Sure they could slap 1.3 ports on there with no advantagesover 1.1, but they don't want to do that. As far as decoding new formats internally, no chips to do this exist yet. The models shown by Denon and Sherwood are projected dates and prices, Rotel has quit 'projecting' products only to be let down by what a chip manufacturer said they could do. If you remember they showed a 1080p scaler last year. In then end the chip couldn't do 1080p and Rotel had to eat their words. So once the chips exist and Rotel can physically verify all functions, expect new product announcements.

Any interest in a digital amp version of the 1067?

HD-DVD and BR. Not anytime soon. Let the big guys battle it out. Too expensive to pick a side and lose.

I'm about to go board the flight. Keep in mind that the 1058 and 1082 are still beta so I'm not going to have exact answers on what all they will do outside of the press release.

Kevin D.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Great read Kevin, and thanks for posting ASAP.

Nice to hear Rotel reads our posts. This is the best and cheapest focuse group available to Rotel IMO.

I can respect Rotel not wanting to make anouncements on next gen support until they are fully aware of the specs. If Rotel is reading my post, , please take the route of a dual format HD DVD/BD player with analog outputs and HDMI (doesnt have to be 1.3 if that prolongs the release).

With regards to a new version of the 1068. Even if it doesnt decode new formats I would find great use for HDMI switching (4 in and 1 out). Currently I am looking for a switcher and they all range in price from $400-600. I would gladly upgade to a new SSP.

On a side note:
    I went from a 1067 to 1068/1077 combo, but when I had the 1067 i was thinking it would have been great to have a ICE power version for space and heat reasons.

Also does anyone else see value in havig 2 sets of multi inputs? With DVD A, both BD and HD DVD decoding in the player, and prospect of Advanced Video Content I personally see great value in this.

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Hopefully Rotel is secretly working on a new pre/pro geared for the HD generation. Perhaps they will wait for the new formats to settle in and sort themselves out.

I would also hope that they keep the pre/pro cost down. I know a lot of people who buy rotel amps but shy from the processors simply because they charge a bunch. I also hope they solve some of the problems people were having with the 1068. HDMI switching is going to be an obvious must-have inclusion. If they fool around with just DVI it's gonna kill 'em.
      ~Nick

Comment

• cfrizz
        • Apr 2006

If they had come out with a 200-250wpc 5-7 channel amp I would have jumped all over it. I wasn't impressed with the 1077 & I loved the 500wpc monos/2channels.

As it is it's too little too late for me now since I snagged a Sunfire last summer instead.

They should have released a 5-7 channel 200-250wpc channel amp when they did the 1077. That would have made more sense then what they've done.

I love Rotel products and I would love to get one of their prepros. The only thing stopping me is they don't put in a phono input. While I don't often play records, I do want the option when the desire strikes. Since they don't offer it I am forced to look elsewhere.

Originally posted by Kevin D
        Rotel is looking at adding more digital amps. What combinations would you purchase?Kevin D.
        Cathy
        ---------
        Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

• Audiophiliac
          • Apr 2006

My wish list (For Rotel, Denon, Anthem, Marantz, Lexicon, or anyone else reputable):

I would like to be able to have a pre/pro that I can hook the following up to:

HD satellite or cable tuner (HDMI)
          Xbox 360 (if they ever bring an HDMI port that would be ideal)
          PS3 (HDMI)
          HDDVD player (HDMI)
          BluRay player (HDMI)
          SACD/DVD-A player (maybe HDMI)
          standard DVD player
          CD
          PC (via ethernet or wireless streaming)
          iPod (or other portable)
          etc...

The requirements would be that it would have to be able to decode any and all audio and video formats thrown into it via HDMI. Including TrueHD and DTS-HD and SACD/DVD-A. I would need 2 7.1 analog inputs, lots of digital inputs, at least 4 HDMI 1.3 inputs and 2 outputs, 3 or 4 component video inputs and 2 outputs. Second zone is not a requirement, but it would be nice if it were done right. A zone 2 HDMI and component video output, D/A conversion for playback of any audio source through analog or digital to zone 2, etc....

And most of all, I just want it to WORK. Period.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
            Xbox 360 (if they ever bring an HDMI port that would be ideal)
            Xbox 360 with HDMI was anounced at CES. March or April release date I believe.

Comment

• FernandoF
              • Nov 2005

Rotel is looking at adding more digital amps. What combinations would you purchase?
              Well, I have money in the bank just waiting for Rotel to release :

1) "RB-1083" - Class D 200W x 3 (it is amazing to see how many people are fighting on eBay and Audiogon for used RB-993's...)

AND/OR

2) "RB-1082" - Class D 200W x 2

Kevin, since your question above is very direct, I'd like to suggest a poll among us, perhaps with a few pre-defined configurations, and the possibility to choose more than one option.

Regards,

Fernando

Comment

• mike c
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FernandoF

1) "RB-1083" - Class D 200W x 3 (it is amazing to see how many people are fighting on eBay and Audiogon for used RB-993's...)

AND/OR

2) "RB-1082" - Class D 200W x 2

Kevin, since your question above is very direct, I'd like to suggest a poll among us, perhaps with a few pre-defined configurations, and the possibility to choose more than one option.

Regards,

Fernando
                I vote for this one!! but instead of 200w ... make it at least 250w so it'd be exactly half of the 1092's (and would at least be a match to the Parasound NC series in wattage)

what's important is the 3 channel version ... because many people will only want external amplification for the front 3 channel only.

Comment

• Nick M
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

I'm wondering what they're up to as far as HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players are concerned too. I was actually kinda suprised when they released another standard DVD player with just a few new toys. They may say they're just sitting back, but I highly doubt it. I'm sure they have the new players from other companies in their Labs - torn apart analyzing everything. :lol:
                  ~Nick

Comment

• EAmin
                    • Aug 2004

HT Bypass please on the 1082.

Comment

• Ossi
                      • Jul 2003

RC-1082 analog preamp:

Performance close to or above the RC-1090. Plenty of inputs including a front analog jack for MP3 players. Unit on display did not have a HT passthrough but they believe they could have a solution before its release.

Kevin D.

By all due respect, it is just unbelievable that by now and with all the time people have been asking for this feature they have not managed to integrate this feature in the specification requirement list at project start.
                      How much they are beside customers demand show the integration of an analogue jack for MP3 players on the front plate. Are we talking High End Stereo equipment here? MP3 and High End? Have I missed something?

Comment

• blues651
                        • Nov 2005

rc 1082

I would buy a rc1082 w/ ht passthrough in a heartbeat, but will look elsewhere if it does not . And performance needs to be at least on par w/ rc 1090 preferabbly better!

Comment

• shadow 8
                          • Aug 2004

Also does anyone else see value in havig 2 sets of multi inputs? With DVD A, both BD and HD DVD decoding in the player, and prospect of Advanced Video Content I personally see great value in this.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in this type of product but with HDMI that will do PCM audio from a hi def disc player. My 1056 and 1095 can get pretty hot

Thnaks for the effort and info Kevin!

Comment

• shep
                            • Dec 2004

Give me an RB-1082 (250x2) so I can retire my RB-1090 to the highest bidder. Would like to know if the RC-1082 is going to be the flagship 2 channel pre or the new entry model. Needs to be a big improvement over the RC-1070 for the suggested price.

I'm using RCD-1072, RB-1090 and RC-1070 to drive B&W 803s. The pre is the achilles heel of the setup and they don't make the RC-1090 anymore. About to leave the brand in search of a better pre but holding out to see if the new pre is really a sonic improvement or just more 'feature rich.'

Comment

• shep
                              • Dec 2004

alternatively, a 5 channel 1085 (250x5) would let me bi-amp my stereo setup, so if the home theatre crowd trumps us, that suits me fine too.

Comment

• scanido
                                • Apr 2006

A 250w x 5 ICE amp, possibly RB-1085, would be right up my avenue!!

I think a RSX-1067 with ICE power sounds like an awesome AV receiver!

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by shep
                                  Would like to know if the RC-1082 is going to be the flagship 2 channel pre or the new entry model. Needs to be a big improvement over the RC-1070 for the suggested price.
                                  The RC-1082 is going to be the new flagship 2ch preamp. All the people I've talked to that has heard it, prefers it over the RC-1090.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2002

Fernando
                                    The directness was just me being curious. I wasn't asked or given set options. I just know they're looking at expanded the line.

Kevin D.

Comment

• len73
                                      • Jan 2005

For me a digital version of the "RMB-1095" with, let say 5X200 or 5x250watts in D-class would be amazing !

Cheers and blessings,

Len

Comment

• Stevebez
                                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                                        ...I also hope they solve some of the problems people were having with the 1068.
                                        What problems you guys having - I got a 1068 and it runs 100%?

Comment

• sarsi
                                          • Nov 2004

Thanks Kevin for the nice updates

I really glad to hear that the RC1082 pre-amp will have a HT Bypass, it will my wishlist come true to have a stereo and HT separate all base on Rotel

I also really hope Rotel will consider 2 HDMI outputs for any future HT product instead of just 1. It is pretty common this day to have a projector and a Plasma/LCD TV, I am struggling with only 1 HDMI output for my DVD player which is connected to my projector and leaving only the component connection to my Plasma.

Having said that I really really really hope Rotel will consider extending the life of my Rotel RSP1098 SSP by having a module for HDMI switching, i.e. maybe 3 inputs and 2 outputs. The s-video module is pretty useless this day

Comment

• apodaca
                                            • Jun 2006

Cool info. The scaler is tempting given all of the many TVs that do not deinterlace or do 3/2 pull down correctly resulting often in a bobbed image etc. but only 2 HDMI inputs seems too small. The1058 if it can at least receive decoded audio will be a tempting upgrade for me.

I was dissapointed given all of the rumours on this forum of Rotel making a true universal player that includes SACD (I realize both DVD-A and SACD are on life support but SACD catalog is much much larger).

Comment

• Boombox
                                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ossi
                                              How much they are beside customers demand show the integration of an analogue jack for MP3 players on the front plate. Are we talking High End Stereo equipment here? MP3 and High End? Have I missed something?
                                              Very valid question.....MP3...high-end...??? I'm also missing something here...

But if I could add my wishlist.....

RC1082 is cool...however...I personally do not like stuff plugged into the front face of a component, with wires dangling all over the place...so for my money they can just dump the analogue jack in the front...they have it on the 06 euro series already.....I use my tape2 RCA inputs on my RC1070 as inputs for my iPod...so instead of "Tape2" they can call it "MP3/OGG/FLAC"...whatever will not cost proprietry cash to use or publish....(OGG/FLAC most probably)

RB1084 would be great......

4x100 Watts......made for bi-amping
                                              or
                                              in bridged mode 2x300Watts....
                                              Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• shep
                                                • Dec 2004

no sense creating a 4x100 1084 when you can make do with two rb1072. Might as well hit the sweet spot for larger audience and make it a 1085 so you can biamp or use for home theatre, and add more juice - 200 or 250 watts instead of 100.

Comment

• EAmin
                                                  • Aug 2004

Kevin, any plans for Rotel to develop a music server like the Olive, Mac and Escient? I think they would do great in this space. And they don't see as complex to develop. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by EAmin
                                                    Kevin, any plans for Rotel to develop a music server like the Olive, Mac and Escient? I think they would do great in this space. And they don't see as complex to develop. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
                                                    They've had a 1098 case with a CD slot in the front before, but I don't think that ever went anywhere. If they did it would probably be an overpriced Escient piece like the Mcintosh one.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mattburk
                                                      • Feb 2003

front av jacks-I use mine often
                                                      www.mycstone.com
                                                      www.coverednow.com
                                                      www.biarenton.com

Comment

• resperc
                                                        • May 2004

I would love to see the following:

2 x 250 into 8 ohms
                                                        and
                                                        3 x 250 into 8 ohms

Then you could mix and match them for any setup/configuration. You could even "mix it up" with models from the 109x and 107x series depending on your needs and preferences. Just my $.02

Comment

• Bluespower
                                                          • Sep 2005

I second the suggestion by Resperc. I would love to have a 3 x 250 amp for my fronts (804s & HTM1) and a RB-1072 or RB-1070 for my surrounds (DS6s). I have an RB-1095 now and I've always felt that 200wpc for the surrounds was overkill.
                                                          Bluespower

Comment

• calmac
                                                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Bluespower
                                                            I second the suggestion by Resperc. I would love to have a 3 x 250 amp for my fronts (804s & HTM1) and a RB-1072 or RB-1070 for my surrounds (DS6s). I have an RB-1095 now and I've always felt that 200wpc for the surrounds was overkill.
                                                            I'd like to see an amp that could be purchased with whatever number of channels one required , up to seven, ie you buy the case and power supply and whatever number of amp cards you require and you can upgrade to more channels as you require.
                                                            Gordon

Comment

• bigburner
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • May 2005

RC-1082 analog preamp:
                                                              Well blow me down, what are those two little knobs on the left hand side of the preamp? I do believe they're bass and treble controls! Rotel obviously read my thread at http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=22071 and acted. What clever chaps they are!
                                                              Attached Files

Comment

• JDH
                                                                • Sep 2004

wonder if it will have a different IR code to the Rotel AV pre-amps?

Originally posted by bigburner
                                                                Well blow me down, what are those two little knobs on the left hand side of the preamp? I do believe they're bass and treble controls! Rotel obviously read my thread at http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=22071 and acted. What clever chaps they are!
                                                                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• x166532x
                                                                  • Nov 2006

My weigh in

I would also like to see more class D amp configurations, 2 x 250 and 5 x 250.

A RSX-1067 class D would be great.

I am disappointed that the new DVD does not play SACD. I see much value for this technology, but best placed in a universal player and not stand alone.

I also think built in HDMI switching/transcoding with PCM playback is a must on all receiver and processor models in the '07 season. Rotel is losing sales to the mainstream brands because of perceived value without the buzz word interfaces.

Comment

• eelco74
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2002

Regards,

Fernando
                                                                    Yes please. I tried to find 2 RB-993's, but was unable to. I am happy with my RB-991/RB-985MKII combo. But two RB-1083's would be nice too !!

Also: people who buy gear like a RSP-1068 or RSP-1098, most of the time own both a flatscreen and a beamer. So please equip the next rsp with two (switchable) component or HDMI outputs.
                                                                    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                                                    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                                                    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Clepto
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

1Personally, I'd like to see their SSPs get tuners built in, but as it stands I'm hoping that if I go with a Rotel processor, my dealer gives me a deal on the Rotel tuner...

HDMI PCM audio is definitely a must in the next gen of SSPs, and ideally 2 HDMI out, 4 HDMI in. If built in scaling can be accomplished without introducing noise, I'd be interested, but don't mind getting a dedicated video scaling option, and leaving the SSP to do music only.

As mentioned already, 200 x 3 and 200 x 5 'Class D' amps would be great

INPUTS
                                                                      1. I'd also like to see a DECREASE in the number of s-video and composite video jacks. I mean, MAYBE 1 s-video and 1 composite for those with Laser Disc players... but anymore, component or HDMI.

2. 2 sets of multi channel analog inputs, with bypass available.

Comment

• scanido
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2006

I agree this is the modern age and it's not necessary to have many composite and S-Video out. 3 max of each should be sufficient.

What i'd like to see are two or more sets of multi-channel inputs, 3 or more component video inputs, and of course at least 4 HDMI inputs.

BTW, we need more optical inputs. Two inputs on the RSX-1057 are not enough. I would rather have more optical inputs than Co-axial.

Comment

• gianni
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Clepto
                                                                          1Personally, I'd like to see their SSPs get tuners built in, but as it stands I'm hoping that if I go with a Rotel processor, my dealer gives me a deal on the Rotel tuner...

HDMI PCM audio is definitely a must in the next gen of SSPs, and ideally 2 HDMI out, 4 HDMI in. If built in scaling can be accomplished without introducing noise, I'd be interested, but don't mind getting a dedicated video scaling option, and leaving the SSP to do music only.

INPUTS
                                                                          1. I'd also like to see a DECREASE in the number of s-video and composite video jacks. I mean, MAYBE 1 s-video and 1 composite for those with Laser Disc players... but anymore, component or HDMI.

I'm on board with most of these except the tuner if you are talking FM. In that case I'd just buy a receiver and use the pre-outs. One goal of separates is to reduce noise - something a built in tuner would detract from.

Comment

• Clepto
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Feb 2006
                                                                            • 292

Originally posted by scanido
                                                                            BTW, we need more optical inputs. Two inputs on the RSX-1057 are not enough. I would rather have more optical inputs than Co-axial.
                                                                            I think the splits is probably 50/50, though potentially greater in favor of coaxial. But I agree, more optical and coaxial intputs would be nice, maybe an equal number...

All things being equal, i.e. if they spend the same amount of money on the conenctor for optical vs coax, I'd lean towards going coax. Not to mention the ccheaper cost of cables.

I'm surprised there are still devices with digital audio out that is ONLY optical. You'd think they could at least put both outputs in those cases.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2002
                                                                              • 4601

#39
                                                                              I'm surprised there are still devices with digital audio out that is ONLY optical. You'd think they could at least put both outputs in those cases.
                                                                              At work we go through different models of 'cheap' dvd players like crazy. Everyone of them differs. Some only coaxial, some only optical. Very few have both. Of course the only things that every really break in systems are the cheap DVD players. So a simple swap might turn into 2 hours if we have to run the opposite cable then what was there originally.

What's really crazy is 90% of the TV's I put in only have optical out for their digital tuners. That makes a lot of sense; the one device in the system that is most likely to be the farthest away from the equipment doesn't have an easy/cheap way of getting the digital sound back to the equipment!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Dec 2006
                                                                                • 34

#40

INPUTS

I too also agree with most of this... I am waiting in the wings for a SSP that will be the equivilant to an Anthem D2 in features, just not the scary :bluezoned: price.
                                                                                I do not need a tuner, and feel there are not many people that would use them in my eyes. Keeping it seperate doesn't cram more things into this unit.
                                                                                It is most definately time to scale back on the s-video and composite. 1 of each should suffice, 2 component and at least 4 hdmi in / 2 out would be awesome.
                                                                                I just purchased my 1095 amp and I am thrilled with it.. but I can see where the bulk of people will start to migrate to the more effecient ICE amps(for heat reasons), and multiple configurations of these would be beneficial to large theater owners.

Thanks everyone for guiding this discussion, and hope for some great quality results to new up and coming products...

Comment

• jjanders
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2007
                                                                                  • 2

#41
                                                                                  Has there been any news on a replacement for the 1068? I'm really interested in it but I would like something with HDMI (preferably one that handles audio).

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2002
                                                                                    • 4601

#42
                                                                                    Nope, maybe something by CEDIA, or the 08 CES.

Kevin D.

Comment

• boe
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jul 2004
                                                                                      • 197

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by jjanders
                                                                                      Has there been any news on a replacement for the 1068? I'm really interested in it but I would like something with HDMI (preferably one that handles audio).
                                                                                      While I was hoping Rotel might have something decent to replace the 1068 soon, I think I'm going to consider spending more to get this unit if it makes it to market -

Denon Electronics announced that owners of the AVR-5805 and AVR-4806 will be able to purchase upgrades for their receivers that will provide a variety of added features, including full compliance

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2002
                                                                                        • 4601

#44
                                                                                        You do know word is it's $10,000 right? (Just for the processor)
                                                                                        Kevin D.

Comment

• boe
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Jul 2004
                                                                                          • 197

#45
                                                                                          Actually - I've heard EXTREMELY wide variances in the price - all the way from $2,000 to $15,000. I really don't think that Denon has thought of a price and thus all the conjecture. I doubt they would exceed $4,000 as that would put them at Anthem's direct competion. If they exceeded $6,000 they would be playing with Krell, ML, Meridian and a lot of companies whose names just make this an unlikely choice for Denon.

I've also heard a lot of conjecture that this preamp won't ever make it to market. I can tell you that they are serious about creating this preamp (from a friend of a friend) but I can't guarantee it will make it to market or at what price. If it at $4000 or so at the store, I would get one - what will happen - hard to say based on Denon's history.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"