X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotelnut
    • Jan 2007

conditioners-2

Is it my imagination or am I losing detail and dynamics with these conditioners I realize they are suppose to be better but, I feel they sound better right out of the wall socket!!! I would love to have some kind of protection, anybody have any answers?
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Richard Gray.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

not all conditioners are created equal. Most of the mid range conditioners are current limiting. Look for ones that are not current limiting. One of the reason why I didn't go for the Rotel 1040 because I liked the specs better on the PS audio unit that I bought instead.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

My response from Rotel:

Thank you for purchasing Rotel! The general opinion on amplifiers and power conditioners was the line conditioners can sometimes impede the ability of an amplifier to draw large amounts of power from the AC when it is required. This is more so an issue when dealing with class AB type amplifiers such as RMB-1095 or the discontinued RB-1090, as class AB amplifier designs were not very efficient and thus required large amounts of power to generate their output. However, a class D design such as the RB-1092 amplifier utilizes a much more efficient switching power supply which draws considerably less AC power to generate its output than the class AB designs did. In addition, when Rotel and APC worked together to design the RLC-1040, one of the criteria we required was that the RLC product be designed to allow a huge current draw through the amplifier outlets to accommodate demanding amplifier designs, and the RLC did pass these requirements with flying colors. So all told, I do think you should have no problems at all running the RB-1092 through the amplifier outlet on the RLC-1040.

Comment

• mattburk
          • Feb 2003

rotel nut What ones have you tried?
          www.mycstone.com
          www.coverednow.com
          www.biarenton.com

Comment

• titan7
            • Dec 2005

Does the rlc-1040 show the actual voltage in the display?

Comment

• wb2fcr
              • Dec 2005

Yes it does.
              Dave

Comment

• titan7
                • Dec 2005

Thanks then I think I should pick one up. I have a "M" brand HTS3500 which I got for like $120 new a year ago but it does not have voltage regulation and I am sure is limiting current to my RB-1080. Other reason I think I should switch is for the voltage regulation for the new plasma tv.

Hey, is the lenght of the cord for the rcl-1040 the same as the other components? Also is the plug a standard plug or one of those flat plugs that doesn't stick out so far?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"