X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satchm0
    • Jan 2007

Axiom Speakers

Anyone out there use Axiom speakers with a Rotel receiver/amp?

My next upgrade is speakers (full 7.1 set up) and have a few brands I am considering:

B&W 603 S3s, LCR 600 S3, DS6 S3
    Energy Connoisseur - LCRs across the front and RC-R surrounds/backs
    Axiom Epic Grand Master series

Sounds like B&Ws go well with Rotel, and I've heard the Energys myself, but have not heard any feedback on the Axioms.
  • mcaudio
    • Jan 2007

Axiom User

I use Axiom speakers in my home theater/music system. They are great sounding speakers - very detailed and natural sounding to name few attributes. They also tend to have neutral sonic character, in other words, they don't add or subtract any thing from the source. I highly recommend them. And IMO there are no other speakers in their price class that out perform them. I have the M80v2 for my fronts, the VP150v2 for center and the M2v2 for my surrounds. My sub is an Infinity PS12 which I purchased before my Axioms. Axiom's customer service is fantastic and they have 30-day trial period.

I use a Rotel 1095 to power the Axioms and a Sony DA4ES receiver as a pre-amp. I've had many different A/V systems in my home, and to date this has been the very best. My next planned upgrade will be a Rotel pre/pro.

mcaudio

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Ditto here, I highly recommend Axioms. I have M60s in a stereo setup with Rotel RB-1080, RC-1070 REL C150 Sub and Rotel RCD-1072 CDPlayer and I am more than happy. Great customer service as well. Visit their board also for more information.

Comment

• satchm0
        • Jan 2007

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just recently bought the QS8 surrounds and am very pleased with them, so I was already leaning towards adding Axiom front/center speakers. They've received very positive reviews so I was hoping to find someone using both Rotel and Axiom to get some feedback on the combination.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Ron Reda
          • Jan 2003

I am currently using a Rotel RSP-1066 Pre/Pro with the following Axiom speakers:

M60s for Front L/R
          VP150 Center
          QS8s for Side Surrounds
          M3s for Rear Centers

First off, I agree with everything “mcaudio” has to say about the Axioms. I’ve been an Axiom owner for quite some time and bought some of the first speakers that they had available. At the time, the price I paid for them was unbelieveablely reasonable for the level of performance they attained. I originally had my fronts, center and M3s mated with a Denon receiver but could easily perceive the step up in sound quality when I switched to the Rotel gear. The speakers took on a more “neutral” character which seemed to be more what the Axioms were supposed to sound like as most audio enthusiasts know that Denon gear tends to warm things up a bit. The switch also seemed to bring out more detail in my system. I’ve since updated much of my system (aside from my Rotel pre/pro), but the constant has remained the Axioms…they sound great with everything I’ve mated with them. The only thing I would do over would be to go with the M80s over the M60s. I just feel that the extra drivers would have given me just a bit more of what I was looking for sound-wise, but I couldn’t afford the price difference back then.

One thing to note…from what I understand, Axiom has gone through many price increases since I originally got mine and according to my old dealer in Canada, they have suffered some quality issues due to the sheer volume of product that they are putting out. That being said, it would behoove you to thoroughly explore all of your options in the crowded speaker market as the Axioms probably are not as great of a deal as they once were in the beginning. Please understand, I’m not putting them down…I’m sure they still put out great stuff, but a lot of other companies are now as well and at lower prices to boot.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"