• Show
Clear All
  • hamiltong
    • Feb 2003

Rotel Announces RDV-1093 DVD player

• Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Hmm.. Same specs and price as the 1092.. Wonder whats different.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Hmm.. Same specs and price as the 1092.. Wonder whats different.

Kevin D.
      New Mech.

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Andrew M Ward
        New Mech.
        Whats a mech?

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

anism. mechanicals?

Comment

• Vicente
            • May 2004

Originally posted by gianni
            anism. mechanicals?
            Very frequently brands change components in their machines and they dont rename the model.

So, why Rotel has decided to launch a new model just a few months after the release of the 1092 if there are not major changes?

Something to beat competition?

Is 1092 going to be cheaper now or discontinued?

Please Rotel give us some answers.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

I imagine the new transport mechanism is different enough to warrant a new model number. Beats having to track serial numbers to figure out which drive is in it. I would imagine it was not Rotel's choice to do this (older mechanism might have been discontinued).

Look at the RCD-990, RCD-991, RCD-991AE. all essentially the same player.

I'm in Vegas now, will get the details tomorrow.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
                • May 2004

I wish I was in Las Vegas!

Please get all the news and tell us here! We're all anxious to hear them.

Thanks Kevin for your support and enjoy the show.

Comment

• mars
                  • Sep 2004

...1092 had a few teething problems, suspect the sum of the fixes warranted a new model number.

Comment

• Vicente
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by mars
                    ...1092 had a few teething problems, suspect the sum of the fixes warranted a new model number.
                    Sorry Mars, my English is not so good, so I don't know what you mean with "teething problems". Please can you explain it?. Thanks

Comment

• greggz
                      • Jun 2002

Rotel Announces RDV-1093 DVD player

North Reading, MA—January 2007—Rotel has been widely acknowledged for more than four decades as a leader in affordable high-end components designed for serious audiophile and home-theater fans. Now, in its 46th year, Rotel is proud to introduce their new flagship DVD player, the RDV-1093.

According to Mike Bartlett, VP and General Manager for Rotel, “The RDV-1093 is a 1080p (progressive-scan) DVD player with a built-in scaler and HDMI output, to ensure that the very best picture quality is delivered to late-generation video-display devices. At 1920x1080 pixels, the picture quality is nothing less than stunning, revealing in startling resolution even background details that, in the past, were often simply vague images. Even if your TV monitor is not 1080p now, the advanced video scaling in the RDV-1093 will deliver a better picture quality whether it be 480p, 720p or 1080i.”

The RDV-1093 provides all the disc-reading flexibility you could want: DVD-Video for movies, DVD-Audio for superb high-resolution audio, and even recordable discs, such as DVD-R and DVD-RW. SVCD and JPEG photo discs aren’t left out, nor are conventional music CDs or CD-R/RW discs—even those encoded with MP3 and WMA music files.

Any audio/video product’s performance begins with its power supply, and the RDV-1093 has been given special attention in this regard. A switching power supply with an advanced pulse circuit and individually regulated supply stages generate optimal voltages. Critical audio and video D/A converters are all wideband designs.

Features include variable and slow search, 6-step Zoom Play, Strobe Play, and Resume functions. Plus, you’ll find optical and coaxial digital audio outputs for easy connection to any system. For more advanced installations the RDV-1093 also features an RS-232 interface and discrete IR commands.

The RDV-1093’s video outputs include HDMI, composite, S-, and component video. Adaptive Geometrical Chroma Mapping reduces unwanted pic¬ture artifacts, while Digital Direct Progressive Scan (NTSC and PAL) lets you watch the best picture your monitor is capable of producing.

Available: First quarter 2007
                      Suggested Retail Price: $1,499.00
                      Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• voxy
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Vicente
                        Sorry Mars, my English is not so good, so I don't know what you mean with "teething problems". Please can you explain it?. Thanks
                        Vicente.. I finally settled for DV9600. :B I think this is one hell of a player comparing it to 1092 & 3930ci. Reads fast, video/display off during analog playback, discretes output, excellent transport, individual power supply to analog.... too bad Rotel isn't gonna make a comparable one even after reading the 1093 press release.

Come to think of it,this player is in the market for a yr+ and still one of the reference player at this price point. Rotel is just shipping a newer ver of 1092... :roll:

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

ughh..Anouther "upconvering player". I guess I have to get used to Rotel not being early adaptors to new technology. The Toshiba XA2 (priced less then the Rotel) is getting reviews as one of the best upconverting players available at any price...and it players HD DVD.

Comment

• Navin R. Johnso
                            • Apr 2006

When you have a new puppy and they are getting their adult teeth in they will sometimes chew everything in sight and basically be a bit troublesome. It's a generic expression for something new having issues due to it being new.

Comment

• Vicente
                              • May 2004

Thanks Navin. Everyday I learn something.

Voxi, I agree with you. I compared Rotel and Marantz and this last one was super.

I have although some drawbacks. Worse replacement price in my dealer and also 2000 Euros in Europe (about $2600) and with the new HD players coming I'm still in doubt.

And also it ruins the style of Rotel equipment :M. this is not of course the most important thing but it counts too.

I'm waiting for the new Marantz DV7001 that is said to be as good as the 9600 but "only :cry: " 1500 Euros.

Comment

• Vicente
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                ughh..Anouther "upconvering player". I guess I have to get used to Rotel not being early adaptors to new technology. The Toshiba XA2 (priced less then the Rotel) is getting reviews as one of the best upconverting players available at any price...and it players HD DVD.
                                Vancouver, how good is the XA2 reading red book CD's compared to 1060, 1092 or rcd1072?

Maybe that will be the final solution (by the moment....)

Comment

• voxy
                                  • Jan 2005

Vicente, the Marantz actually looks pretty cool on my deck with the Rotel eqpt. Anyway, just for your info, The Lexicon RT20 is base on the older Marantz DV9500. So from a price performance perspective, the DV9600 is actually a notch up of the Lexicon in video and features.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2005

Vancouver, how good is the XA2 reading red book CD's compared to 1060, 1092 or rcd1072?

Maybe that will be the final solution (by the moment....)
                                    Not sure sure. I did feel the Toshiba A1 was as good as my RDV 1060. Now that I have a 1072 I only use DVD players for video only.

Comment

• mattburk
                                      • Feb 2003

SACD, SACD, SACD, SACD WILL THEY EVER FIGURE IT OUT?
                                      How many years has it been out now? If the cater to audiophiles you would think it would have sacd-looks like a modded marantz dv9600(sacd) & the toshiba are the way to go until some one can do it all in one package.
                                      www.mycstone.com
                                      www.coverednow.com
                                      www.biarenton.com

Comment

• voxy
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mattburk
                                        SACD, SACD, SACD, SACD WILL THEY EVER FIGURE IT OUT?
                                        How many years has it been out now? If the cater to audiophiles you would think it would have sacd-looks like a modded marantz dv9600(sacd) & the toshiba are the way to go until some one can do it all in one package.
                                        I plan to mod my DV9600 as well. Base on the info I read from the net, this player only need modest mod to bring it to another level. Just change the clock to reduce jitter further and some cabling to the 2 analog output and change to WBT RCA output. Total cost not exceeding $300. I tried to justified my purchase of the RDV1092 but did a comparison on the upgradeability of the both Rotel & Marantz players. In the end, the Marantz needs much less money to mod and there are lots of reference available in the audio forums. :T

Just also to mention, running digital coaxial from the Marantz to RSP1068 yields also very good sound, just a ted more forward sounding and the soundstage not as wide with analog out but has higher treble extension. This also shows the Marantz is an excellent transport and had surpass the sonics of my RCD1070 when I use similar connections.

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢
                                        😎
                                        😞
                                        😡
                                        👍
                                        👎
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"