X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

a very sad Rotel Sunday

This time, I'm gonna share my huge disappointment with you:

Once a huge fan of Rotels, I guess I reached the day of saying good-bye :twisted: :evil: :twisted: What good is a 2y warranty if I constantly have to ship my Rotel stuff for repairs?

A brief history of my Rotel ownership:

Purchased in 2001: The RSX-1055 started failing approx 1y after the warranty expired... Rotel couldn't say what was wrong with it and shipped it back. They fixed the problem by reseting the firmware... yeah whatever :Z

Purchased in 2001: RR-969 died in 2004, the replacement cost me £83; a sweet price for a remote control...

Purchased in 2004: RDV-1060 a complete misfit. Sent it in twice for repairs. Dreadful disc bay. Has been fixed and takes 15 secs to load a disc :rofl: Warranty expired now, keeping my fingers crossed!

Purchased in 2006: The RMB-1075 died on me yesterday afternoon after turning off the whole system. Was in use only for 6 months. Probably a fuse, but why? Give me a break :?? :a> So, back to another week of calling my dealer, Rotel's customer service, packing, and dealing with couriers ;s@

Purchased in 2006: The flagship RSP-1098 is the only Rotel equipment that hasn't failed me yet. Wonder how long??

I guess it's time for a serious upgrade, high end this time :T
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Damn sirbogey, that is not a good track record.
    I can certainly understand your dissapointment. What is your power like? For one person to have those issues I would certainly question if there is something in the enviroment. I realize remotes and the likes aren't line powered, but that is a fair amount of hardware to have issues with.
    When I down graded to the RSX-1056 (from seperates) it had issues right out of the wrapper, but I took it back to my dealer and within 3 weeks had it back, and working as it should.
    The other 6 or so pieces I had owned were without a hiccup, and quality was stellar.
    I am not trying to talk you out of moving on (I did for 2 channel) but I would certainly find out if I had issues with my enviroment before throwing serious money into "higher end" gear, and being in the same boat 2 years from now.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Sirbogey,
      So sorry to hear all your troubles!! That is why I have moved out of the Rotel world into Krell, LINN, Marantz and the Classe world. More expensive, But, Hey, I don't get these awful headaches anymore, from having my dealer etc.. replace parts all the time.
      That should not happen to you at all...Sorry!
      I would also check your electricity as you might have serges In your electricity that is damaging your Rotel friends!
      Cheers and I wish you good Luck!

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

Never know what to think of this type of post. I have had no problems with any hi fil gear in over twenty years of ownership, and I have owned a lot of gear in that time. My Rotel 1056 is over two years old with nary a problem. I think if you got all your info from internet forums you would think every piece of gear sold by Rotel and other manufacturers was flawed. While I sympathize with the OP, his experience is unique in a bad way I strongly suspect.

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

I am a victim of Rotel 1068
          I wonder What the QC personnels doing everyday in Rotel ?

I think the shameless Rotel company should stop roll out new product to resolve with their realiability prolem !!!

Comment

• Kens1
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shadow 8
            Never know what to think of this type of post. I have had no problems with any hi fil gear in over twenty years of ownership, and I have owned a lot of gear in that time. My Rotel 1056 is over two years old with nary a problem. I think if you got all your info from internet forums you would think every piece of gear sold by Rotel and other manufacturers was flawed. While I sympathize with the OP, his experience is unique in a bad way I strongly suspect.
            Same hear!
            No problem with 1056 or 1080 amp after two years - knock on wood

Comment

• Kens1
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by lvhung

I think the shameless Rotel company should stop roll out new product to resolve with their realiability prolem !!!
              So should Sony then from my point of view. I have had problems with every piece of sony gear I have ever purchased from tv's, cd players, dvd players, and playstation. I won't buy sony again.
              Last edited by Kens1; 13 January 2007, 13:08 Saturday.

Comment

• shadow 8
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by lvhung

I assume you posted this in jest. Otherwise, no CE company should put any products on the market since a certain percent of same will always have problems. When Rotel reaches 100% perfection I am sure they will have your suggestion to thank. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"