X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul51
    • Nov 2005

new amp`

Which amp to complement my 1056, krell. mcintosh,rptel,classe etc. listen to music more than dvd's more XM than cd's. Does it matter in 2 channel will run through B&W 603 and 602.5 what do you think will get my attention?
    Thanls Paul
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

Your speakers are only rated to 150W and 120 W respectively. I am assuming you have 5 speakers?

I think Krell and Mc and Classe are overkill unless you will be upgrading your speakers. I'd recommend a Rotel RMB-1075.

Comment

• deke
      • Dec 2005

Comment

• cfrizz
        • Apr 2006

Rotel RMB-1095 will wake your current & any future speakers up very nicely!

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as too much power when driving speakers! :B
        Cathy
        ---------
        Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

• Ted
          • May 2006

Originally posted by deke
          Your speakers are only rated to 150W and 120 W respectively. I am assuming you have 5 speakers?

I think Krell and Mc and Classe are overkill unless you will be upgrading your speakers. I'd recommend a Rotel RMB-1075.
          :agree:
          Unless you plan on upgrading your speakers, Rotel is a great choice. While, you'd probably not regret a better amp, you'd not take full advantage of it from those speakers (no offense, they are nice, just not at the Krell or Classe level). Even if you upgraded to the 700 series or maybe even an 804 based speaker set, you'd still get pretty good performance from the Rotel.
          Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• meltdown
            • Apr 2006

Ditto. I have a set of the 602's in a spare room powered by a 1070 amp and preamp. Great combo, If I were to go to a Mac or Krell I would move up to the 800 series, for sure. With that Rotel and your B&W combo, you'll hear everything and anything that source material had on it, no problem. The RB1080 would be a good choice.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"