X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaD
    • Jan 2007

RSX-1067 , PC Interface to control

Hi everyone, this is my first post so HELLO to everybody.

I've noticed that my new RSX-1067 has a PC interface feature. I was looking at the Rotel web site and could not find any software to control my 1067. All I found was a commands list. As a software engineer I half understand the list but I find it weird that there is no software for this. Does anyone know of any software for this?

Thankyou

MD
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's mainly there for automation systems and firmware updates. But when the 10 series units first came out someone did write some software to control them. If you do a search you should be able to find it. He included the VB source files with it, you will have to modify it to get any kind of use with your 1067 (mainly changing the device ID).

It didn't support any of the newest RS232 features, so unless you heavily modify it; its only going to be a computer based remote.

Kevin D.

Comment

• MaD
      • Jan 2007

I googled it and found nothing.

It would be good if i could see the OSD menu via the PC.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Sorry, I meant search the Club Rotel forum.. Here's the link:

OSD via computer isn't going to happen, but you can get emulation of the front display.

Kevin D.

Comment

• MaD
          • Jan 2007

Thanks for the link. VB is something i can understand. The source code seems very simple, I might rewrite the while thing and post it up here for everyone when i get a free weekend. At the moment it doesnt seem like i can view whats on the OSD (on the TV/monitor out) from the serial port. It is a shame because I dont have a TV in the room where i want to use my rsx1067. I'll let you guys know how it all goes.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"