X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Martin
    • Oct 2006

New and DISAPOINTED WITH RSX-1057

Being that this is my frist time posting, I will say hi to everyone here and thanks also.
    Well in Oct. I added a RB-1070 to my system and I was very impressed with it. So in Nov. after further reading I added a RCD-1072 to my system and was very impressed with it too. And then the wife let my get a new receiver for Christmas. I didnt get it until the 28 of dec but that gave me 4 days stright to get to know the RSX-1057.

The rest of my system consist of

speakers Jamo D450 mains, D4 center, Jamo Dipolar inwall side surrounds, inwall rear surrounds. Jamo D4sub and a DIY RS12HiFi with a dayton 500watt amp sealed. Pioneer PL-51 turntable, Denon DVD2200, Toshiba MT200 with a DIY screen

The receiver that was going to be replaced by the RSX-1057 is an Onkyo TX-DS989

I'm sorry but I need to vent on this subject. The 1057 was a big disapointment for me. HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, turn on pops intermittingly through the surrounds (sides and rears) small stactic pops through the mains during analog cd play. and a remote that worked when it wanted too. So I used the search and found that I was not the only one with these problems; and that others have said that the HISSSSSSSSSSSSS is normal see the dealer for the pops and static.

Well I dont want to hear distrotion, I dont think I should have to call the dealer about a known Rotel problem. and yes they swaped out the remote and the second one does the same thing beep beep beep beep and no change of the function. My confidance of Rotel processors and receivers is now very low I wll keep the amp and the CD player but the receiver goes back tomorrow.
    George
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by G. Martin
    Being that this is my frist time posting, I will say hi to everyone here and thanks also.
    Well in Oct. I added a RB-1070 to my system and I was very impressed with it. So in Nov. after further reading I added a RCD-1072 to my system and was very impressed with it too. And then the wife let my get a new receiver for Christmas. I didnt get it until the 28 of dec but that gave me 4 days stright to get to know the RSX-1057.

The rest of my system consist of

speakers Jamo D450 mains, D4 center, Jamo Dipolar inwall side surrounds, inwall rear surrounds. Jamo D4sub and a DIY RS12HiFi with a dayton 500watt amp sealed. Pioneer PL-51 turntable, Denon DVD2200, Toshiba MT200 with a DIY screen

The receiver that was going to be replaced by the RSX-1057 is an Onkyo TX-DS989

I'm sorry but I need to vent on this subject. The 1057 was a big disapointment for me. HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, turn on pops intermittingly through the surrounds (sides and rears) small stactic pops through the mains during analog cd play. and a remote that worked when it wanted too. So I used the search and found that I was not the only one with these problems; and that others have said that the HISSSSSSSSSSSSS is normal see the dealer for the pops and static.
    A hisssss is not normal no matter how many people say it is. Rotel for the most part denies the hisss is a widespread issue, so if you have it return it for a new one and test it at the dealer before you take it home.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Rotel's new North American policy states that any issues within the first year gets an immediate replacement. The crackle & pops was mainly in the first 1068's and 1056's. On the 1057's I would say it is rare.

Now hiss that you can only hear less then one foot from the speaker is normal, but it doesn't sound like this is your issue.

Have your dealer verify your problem and you should have a new one coming.

Kevin D.

Comment

• G. Martin
        • Oct 2006

Vancouver I am done with their receivers there were just to many problems. And to many like problems in searching other pages on this forum
        George

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by G. Martin
          Vancouver I am done with their receivers there were just to many problems. And to many like problems in searching other pages on this forum
          fair enough. Keep in mind, however, that the main reason people post is because of problems, and probably dont represent the majority. Having more then one issue on a personal baisis can be frustrating thou.

Comment

• global
            • Sep 2006

Well i just have to say that all in all the 1057 is an awesome reciever and its performance is way above what i was expecting im sorry to hear that some have problems with reciever.My advise get another one from Rotel u will not be dissapionted by its sonic performance though the 989 is a very good reciever in every way.

Comment

• G. Martin
              • Oct 2006

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement guys. I am not against Rotel, I think I was just excpecting more, after the RB-1070 and the RCD-1072 made such huge differances in my system.
              George

Comment

• apodaca
                • Jun 2006

My RSX-1056 + 1070 amp works great and I have tried other receivers from other brands and none could match the 1056 for quality especially 2ch playback. The hiss is either a non issue or inaudible in my system during normal playback and the programable universal remote has been very useful. Only complaint I have is that the remote does use up batteries fast.

Sometimes electronics get messed up during shipping (I have experienced this myself from many vendors both local and out of state ) so I would suggest you swap out the receiver and not the remote to see if the problems were entirely with the first unit.

Comment

• mattburk
                  • Feb 2003

I love the rotel sound-never had an issue with their products. Second best imho is marantz buy a 8 or 9 series, if possible.
                  www.mycstone.com
                  www.coverednow.com
                  www.biarenton.com

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Hey G. Martin, on the issue with your remote, are you trying to change fuctions, like from Tuner to CD? If so you have to hold down the button for a second or so to change functions.
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Boone38
                      • Dec 2004

I just bought the 1057 and took it to my parents home for xmas. Hooked it up and the center channel will no work. All we get is hiss and pops. The remote will not function as well. All it does is beep. I called the dealer and he was telling me that the remote will not work if the area is dark. It has an issue with the back lighting. He stated that Rotel is going to either send new remotes or have a correction that you can do to the software. I was not impressed with the receiver as well. I have the 1068/1075/1092 as my main system, paired with 804S and HTM4. I have always been a large Rotel fan.
                      We are working with the dealer on something different.

Comment

• PewterTA
                        • Nov 2004

Funny how I've never had a single problem with my Rotel gear... yet others have... It's the luck of the draw I guess...

At least Rotel will replace the unit within one year, that's a heck of a deal to me.

Sorry to hear about your problem Martin. Hopefully you will find something you really like, I doubt for the price (unless you go beyond) you'll fine much that comes to it (sonically). If you think the problems are bad with Rotel on this forum, you should see the Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, and especially Onkyo forums...they complain about twice as much as this forum does about Rotel. lol
                        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                        -Dan

Comment

• k99
                          • Nov 2006

The only problem I had with my 1057 was the remote not changing functions either. This is a common problem and my dealer said I was not the first. They were happy to exchange it for an RR-1050 that works with no issues.
                          Overall I am more than impressed with the 1057, much more so than my previous Marantz SR7200.

-k99
                          Pioneer PDP-4360 - Rotel RSX-1057 - Toshiba HD-A2 - Monitor Audio GS10's - KEF KHT-2005

Comment

• G. Martin
                            • Oct 2006

Once again thanks for the encourgement to keep the RSX-1057,but it is now GONE, in its place is a RMB-1075. I will start saving again and maybe try one of the next generation RSP-10XXs
                            George

Comment

• bleeding ears
                              • Nov 2004

G.Martin, sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the receiver, it certainly takes some of the joy out of a new purchase.

This is a little off topic but since you now own a 1075 amp, it would be interesting to know how it sounds compared to the 1070 amp.

Any difference ?

Pete

Comment

• shadow 8
                                • Aug 2004

Not really. About same power and design.

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                  • Feb 2006

Same here, my remote was loosing display after few sec. and wouldn't display anything. Getting that replaced.
                                  The over all performance is amazing, I'm very happy with it.
                                  Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                  PSB T6,
                                  Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                  Rotel RSX-1057
                                  Rotel RB-1070
                                  OPPO 103
                                  Apple TV
                                  [

Comment

Working...
                                  😀
                                  😂
                                  🥰
                                  😘
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😞
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"