X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stacker45
    • Jan 2007

I need help!

I am this close to upgrading my faithfull Yamaha RX-V 2200 and my Toshiba Sd-3800 for a Rotel RSX 1057 and a 1045 dvd player,i just need you guys to give me a few good reasons to upgade.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What speakers are you running? Going from the bright Yamaha to the Rotel should be an unbelievable improvement, but your speakers will have an effect.

Also, if you are interested in 5.1 DVDA discs, look for a used RDV-1050. The 1045 only supports 2ch playback of DVDA discs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stacker45
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
      What speakers are you running? Going from the bright Yamaha to the Rotel should be an unbelievable improvement, but your speakers will have an effect.

Also, if you are interested in 5.1 DVDA discs, look for a used RDV-1050. The 1045 only supports 2ch playback of DVDA discs.

Kevin D.
      My speakers are Paradigm monitor series,and i listen mostly in stereo and often throught my headphones Grado gs-1000

Comment

• apodaca
        • Jun 2006

I dont think the Rotel has a headphone jack (The only flaw in their units and I dont understand why it is so). As for Yamaha sound - their gear has always sounded as if they put emphasis on the high frequencies and it can be distracting with many recordings out there especially the high number of already bright Dolby Digital and music CDs out there. This all depends on the type of speakers you have however.

Feature and quality the Yamaha brand is good but their 'signature' sound is too bright for me. Outlaw Audio gear is n the exact opposite side of the specrum being dark, dull and lifeless. Rotel is just right for me in my system. I forgot to add that I sampled the monitors bookshelfs last month with Rotel gear and they sounded very good and actually prefered the sound over the 600 series B&Ws due to the sibilance I heard (I am considering a pair for a bedroom 2 channel system given thei are being phased out for the newer versions).

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"