X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j_nathalia
    • Dec 2006

RDV-1060 modified version?

I'm having the Rotel RDV-1060, RMB-1075 and RSP-1066.

I have a question which is related to the 'cosmetic' part of it. I'm having all silver components but the DVD player has a different look. First the red LED's (power and progressive scan), the on/off button and the DVD sliding bar (all black). All of them are different from the brochure when I look at the website.

Actually at the web I have found different versions. Could somebody have a look at my RDV-1060 and see what the differences are from the original player.

I have bought it second hand so I don't know the history is of the machine. Maybe the have ripped some components?

... not really a balanced design concept...

[IMG]D:\Temp\Advertentie\rotelSmall.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Files
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Looks like someone had the black version, and changed the front panel to silver (without changing the switches). I think it looks kinda cool!
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

sweet looks

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

Never heard of this before...BUT.................COOL !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nuthed
          • Jan 2007

I wish they made 'em that way.
          Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
          RB980-BX driving mains
          Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
          Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
          Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
          SVS PB-12

Comment

• j_nathalia
            • Dec 2006

I have brought back the DVD player to service since I had problems witht the muting transistors. They told me the vendor has replaced the front since originally the player was black. I have seen it myself, they has used the old buttons (black ones) at the new front which has the silver colour. So they have just played with some glue!!!

Anyway, they told me that the muting transistors were probably broken since I had connected the player while it was on. I'm sure I never did this!

No I have the repaired one, but still the same problem. Any DVD/CD-DTS that has a high dynamic range (recorded loudly) sounds cracky. Any idea what this could be or does anybody else had the same kind of problem?

The player doesn't play clear but with loud phrases it start to sound cracky.

Comment

• fordster
              • Feb 2005

See thread http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...highlight=1060 which is about when my RDV-1060 was crackly. It sounds like the same issue but mine was okay following repair. hope you manage to get it sorted out.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"