X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiamC
    • Dec 2006

9xx vs 10xx

Hi all,

Been reading these forums for a while and just wanted to let everyone know the advice in here is fantastic. Enough sucking up on to the questions.

I was curious as to how people thought the 985 and 991 stacked up against the 1075 and the 1080. I realise there have been a few threads on this but nothing recent and wanted to know if the age of these older amps is really begining to show or if people think theyre still a good buy. In my neighbourhood both of the 9xx models sell for around $400 cheaper than their older brothers, so obviously that makes for a nice saving but not if theres a huge compromise in quality due to age.

So does anyone have any thoughts/opinions?
  • calmac
    • May 2005

Hi Liam, IMO the older gear is harder and brighter sounding than the 10 series stuff and therefore sounds less refined.
    Gordon

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"