CES is almost here... what is the skinny on new Rotel processors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azsyno
    • Oct 2005

CES is almost here... what is the skinny on new Rotel processors?

Hi All--

With CES almost upon us, it's time for Rotel to announce Next Gen. I'm ready to move into a new Pre-Pro and add at least one more Amp. Dealer talked me out of buying a used 1095 - 5ch Rotel yesterday and a 1068. The deal was sweet - $1400 for both. So... what gives?

I want a HDMI switching unit, all DTS and other processing functionalty, input renaming functionality and discrete gain options for all speakers. Has Rotel released any info yet? Any word on what to expect and where I'll want to land?

Thanks! Btw, and here's a pic of the current set up just to maximize views. :-)

• ml360
    • Jan 2006

I would have took that deal,but i also anticipate on upgrading my 1068 with Rotel's newer version if one is available for 07.

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

$1400 for both 1068 and 1075, where so, that is a sweet deal!!

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Of course, the dealer would prefer you buy new from him. If you are looking for all those things in a pre/pro, I would guess you are probably going to have to look at something other than Rotel.

Comment

• azsyno
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by scanido
          $1400 for both 1068 and 1075, where so, that is a sweet deal!!
          Scanido - I just called the dealer... that set sold yesterday, a day after I backed off of it to wait for 2007 series stuff. As a courtesy to them, I'll not post their phone, but they are the closest dealer to New Haven, CT if you should ever need to look them up and/or want to shop them - for new, or used.

Hindsight, i should have bought them and sold them on Audiogon for a tidy if not small profit. :

Comment

• azsyno
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by gianni
            Of course, the dealer would prefer you buy new from him. If you are looking for all those things in a pre/pro, I would guess you are probably going to have to look at something other than Rotel.
            gianni - I don't doubt that you are correct, they would prefer that I bought new, but for purposes of getting what I want, ANd to make the margin. I've had nothing but superior service and advice from this dealer. When I wanted to buy a ASW750, they let me borrow one, I blew it up. They then recommended a Sunfire Sub - a company with smaller margins (I know) for dealers and a brand that they do not normally sell.

Yea, dealers are notorious for such antics as you mention, but here in CT we're lucky to have an honest hi-end sonics dealer... and I'll buy new from them for their service and to help ensure that they stay in business for a long time.

Comment

• azsyno
              • Oct 2005

Hard to believe that no one has any advance word - or, even thoughts on what Rotel might deliver at CES. I thought my industry was tight, but it appears that Rotel has a lock on their new product pipeline... good for them, but a little informed speculation would certainly peak interest in advance of CES. Can't imagine they don't want the attention. Oh well... I can wait. I think.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Rotel typically doesn't even have a booth at CES, just a hotel suite. If you do a search there's plenty of new product speculation, but that was 8 months ago with the releases set for 'within the next 6 months'. I'll be at CES and will relay what I can.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
                  • Nov 2002

Originally posted by azsyno

Yea, dealers are notorious for such antics as you mention, but here in CT we're lucky to have an honest hi-end sonics dealer... and I'll buy new from them for their service and to help ensure that they stay in business for a long time.
                  Understand, that is a noble cause.

Comment

• Pez
                    • May 2004

One thing I would like to see is the upgraded version of the 1068 have at least 5 component inputs for video sources. HDMI for all would be nice but I will take just a couple of those and the rest component. With video games, DVD, HD Cable, HD DVD/BR, having only 3 is a real limit. This goes for all rec's and pre/pro's from any manufacturer for the matter. But thats just me since I have all my video sources go through it.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

No joke. I just added a PS3 to an older system with a 1055.. It only had two component inputs!

Kevin D.

Comment

• eelco74
                        • Dec 2002

And a second output, so I can connect both my beamer and plasma. Without having an external switching box again.
                        Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• azsyno
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by eelco74
                          And a second output, so I can connect both my beamer and plasma. Without having an external switching box again.
                          Now... that would be helpful! Would give me a good excuse to start down that road! Yep! I need one... :lol:

Comment

• Kyle
                            • Jan 2005

I've started to outgrow my 1068 as well, not having enough component inputs isn't as as much of a bummer as not having enough digital audio inputs.

I think at this point I'd settle for a small optical switch box and something like..

My gear

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"