X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karl_burns
    • Dec 2006

Decisions... decisions..

New member here, and I've got a decision to make.
    I currently have the Rotel RSP985 and the RMB1075 for my 5.1 HT setup. My local dealer has one last RSP1056 he's willing to let go for about $900. If I sell my pieces on Audiogon or here or wherever, I'll end up in the black with a newer processor and (more importantly) only one piece instead of two. I watch a lot more HT than listen to 2 channel, so HT is my main objective.
    I've been nothing but pleased, but wouldn't mind the newer electronics and erganomics.
    Would you trade up?
    Thanks for all your input in advance.
    Karl
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Do you mean RSX1056?

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

keep your setup til you save up for a new (model) rotel processor ... (don't sell your 1075)

OR

IMO, get a yamaha receiver to act as your pre-pro (yamaha rx-v659 is about 400bucks) and use your 1075 as the external amp

Comment

• karl_burns
        • Dec 2006

Clepto:
        Yes, I mean RSX1056. Ooops.

Mike:
        You think the Yamaha is better than the RSP985? I always heard Yamahas were really warm....

Thanks!
        Karl

Comment

• stantheman2
          • Apr 2004

Assuming your budget could stretch that far, I would go for the 1056 but keep the 1075 amp. That's what I am running now and the sound is a major step up from the 1056 alone. The difference and improvement with the 1075 added to the 1056 was immediately apparent to my family, none of whom have the slightest interest in audio or HT gear.

Comment

• karl_burns
            • Dec 2006

If only I could......
            But thanks for the feedback about using the 1075 with the 1056. I wondered how much of a sacrifice it would be going down in power.
            Karl

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"