X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • probeski
    • Sep 2005

1080 for center speaker?

Hi, I plan on getting B&W 704 for L & R and the HTM7 as a center. I wish to power the 704's with a 1080 and the HTM7 with another 1080. Will this stereo amp be okay at powering the HTM7 using either the Left or right channel (mono)? The HTM7 is bi-wirable, do you think i should bi-amp the HTM7; does this mean i need to split the center pre-out into two RCAs for the 1080's L & R pre-ins (is there any problems encountered when doing this)?

Thankyou.
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

yes it will be okay.

yes you can bi-amp the htm7, otherwise the other channel would just be hanging around doing nothing

yes, you just split the pre-out to input both left and right channels on the 1080 to be used for the center.

no, there shouldn't be any problems when doing something like this ... just don't forget to remove the jumper pins on your center speaker

good luck

Comment

• probeski
      • Sep 2005

Thanks for the reply.
      It's just that i bought a pioneer cd/mp3 head unit for my car a couple of years ago and it only has one Rca out. When I asked a car audio salesmen about getting a dedicated subwoofer amp he said that I would have been better off with a head unit with three rca outs and that i would lose quality running two amps or more due to a voltage loss (i think) when splitting the Rca.

Has anyone ever heard of this before and can they explain; is this not the same situation as above?
      Thanks.

Comment

• mike c
        • Dec 2005

splitting RCA's has so minimal a signal loss that it doesn't matter.

I'm betting inside the head unit with three RCA outs, is a simple splitter - so it's just the same IMO.

make sure to get a quality splitter

Comment

• probeski
          • Sep 2005

which do you recommend, a splitter with quality rcas and a cable or a connector type eg. monster?

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

I guess it is better to get the good quality cable splitter itself as one part.... Monster no good....

Comment

• shadow 8
              • Aug 2004

No difference in sound quality one way or another, whether its Monster or not.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"