X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wywong
    • Jan 2005

Rotel RCC-1055 occasionally cannot read the CD

Hi,
    I just purchased the Rotel RCC-1055 5 disc CD changer 5 days ago. The sound is a substantial improvement over my old Technics CD player. However, I have experienced a few times that the Rotel cannot recognize one or two of the CD. When it happened, the CD player will try to read the CD and jump to the next disc, and the display disc No. will not show the CD. I have to re-open and close the CD player tray a few times to get it to read the CD. Does anyone out there experienced the same problem? If "yes", how did you resolve it. I love the sound of this machine and I hate to return it back to the store. Thanks!!
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Have you talked to your dealer? They may have a fix for this.... But, I personally have never seen one of these players do that. Maybe others have....
    -Joe

Comment

• wywong
      • Jan 2005

I have contacted the dealer and they will be calling Rotel after Christmas. I hope they have a fix for this as the machine sounds really nice.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I have had a RCC-1055 for some time now and have never had an issue with it reading CDs.

Comment

• wywong
          • Jan 2005

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. My dealer told me yesterday that Rotel has a batch of RCC1055 that is failing like mine. They said it has something to do with the laser mechanism, new replacement product will not be out from their factory for at least 4 months. My dealer said Rotel can ship me one from their current stock with a modify laser mechanism. The unit has been tested in their facilitity. However, since they open the box and repair the mechanism, it is a "B" stock, but will come with the same 2 yr warranty. My hesitation is I pay brand new price for this unit last week, should I take this "B" stock unit? Does anyone out there has any comments?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

I wouldn't worry about it. Their warranties are not transferable anyway, so b-stock won't hurt resell. It's really just a label.

Kevin D.

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

If it comes with the same warranty an works go for it....
              -Joe

Comment

• SteveT
                • Sep 2006

Hey, I just came accross your posting. I have the Rotel RC-1055 and have never had a problem with it. However what you are describing I did have a problem with my Yamaha 5 disc CD changer, the same thing...it would not read some discs and I had to open and close the tray. But this was only after about 7 years of owning it. So I suspect it was the laser. But I would definitely take the one that they tested. You still have the two year warranty.

Comment

• wywong
                  • Jan 2005

After waiting for 2 weeks and still havenot gotten a replacement RCC1055 from Rotel. I went back to my dealer and exchange for a RCD1072. The RCD1072 sounds a little better than the RCC1055 but it is not exactly what I wanted. At this time, I am extremely unhappy with Rotel support. If they made a machine with quality problem, they should try to have some customer service and take care of this for me ASAP. I will have to think twice from now on whether I will continue to buy any more Rotel equipment. This is a shame!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"