X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

1072/1077/1068 = alot of of trouble for me this morning

Not sure where to begin or how to test, but here is what i have noticed so fare.

1. 1068: a) It can switch between sources, but does not show the source is giving a signal (when source is on). b) The 12v triggers are not working to trip the 1072 or 1077. The OSD does not work so I cant get in to see if settings were reset some how.

2. 1077: 12v trigger not working. I thought it was the 1068, but I cant power it on on its own (blue light will go on, but not the red protection and does not turn on)

3. 1072: trigger does not work, and if I try and turn it on and off manually it does not work.

Ok, so any suggestions on what I can do to test? By the time you respond I will 12v triggers unplugged and everything shut of.

thanks
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Small update:

I can turn the 1077 and 1072 on without the trigger. Problem seems to be coming from 1068.

When I turn the 1068 on and off I dont here the "click" anymore.

I cant even listen to a source in Bypass mode.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

The problem is this. When I turn the 1068 on, the display turns on, but there is no "click" to turn on the rest of the processor. What ever gets turned on at that point isnt getting turned on. Anyone know whats that is so I can explain it to my dealer?

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

mmm...a conversation with myself I guess.

Anyway I went to my dealer and looks like somethings were blown (not my fault) went in for a warranty.

All they had for me with short notice on lowner was a 1070.

Seems like the 1072-->1070-->1077 sounds better then 1072--1068 (bypass)-->1077. Is that possible?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Vancover,

Yes a pure stereo pre-amp like the RC-1070 will (for most people's ears) easily beat the stereo on the RSP-1068... I have a RSP-1098 and it just about matches the RC-1070 but is blon away (for my ears anyway) by the RC-1090..

Good to see your dealer could help!

Happy Christmas!

Geoff

Comment

• bleeding ears
            • Nov 2004

Being a 2 channel pre the 1070 possibly may have a sonic advantage over the 1068 which is a more complex component with a lot more circuitry etc.

I have compared a 990 pre (was top of range unit) against the 1068 and found the 1068 to hold up well.

Although bypass mode on the 1068 seemed to sometimes sound better than stereo mode on the 1068, I found that most of the time I preferred stereo mode. I also actualy preferred stereo mode on the 1068 over the 990 pre.

However, I was using tone controls in stereo mode on the 1068, (which may have compensated for any room problems etc) which the 990 and most 2 channel preamps nowadays do not have.

I guess there are advantages and disadvantages with each unit and as with most things there are compromises involved with your choice of preamp or pre/pro.

One last thing, did you get to compare the bypass mode on the 1068 against the multi input bypass on the 1068?, any difference?

Merry christmas :T

Pete

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bleeding ears

One last thing, did you get to compare the bypass mode on the 1068 against the multi input bypass on the 1068?, any difference?

Merry christmas :T

Pete
              Thats a good question and no I have not done that comparison with the same source. It should be the same in theory no?

On a side note I seem to have created a problem. Ever since I took out my 1068 and put in the 1070 my center and souronds are all buzzing! I have completely unplugged the interconnects for those channels, so it seems the 1077 on its own is creating this.

any comments?

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                Vancover,

Yes a pure stereo pre-amp like the RC-1070 will (for most people's ears) easily beat the stereo on the RSP-1068... I have a RSP-1098 and it just about matches the RC-1070 but is blon away (for my ears anyway) by the RC-1090..

Good to see your dealer could help!

Happy Christmas!

Geoff

Yes ny dealer has always been great.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"