X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonkler
    • Jan 2005

Suggestions on what to do.. RSX 1055 static, sound quality issues

Hey All!! After browsing the board for well over a year now, this is my first time posting here in quite a while. Let me get right to the point of why I now choose to emerge from the ether...

I've been the proud owner of an RSX 1055 that I purchased used 3 years ago after it received all of the latest firmware updates from the Rotel office (lab, factory, service center??) and have it configured in a 3 channel surround setup with a DVD player and Satellite tuner. The speakers are older but updated and well cared for (not to mention great sounding) Polk LS-70's, bi-wired, and the center is of a lesser quality Polk, but with the same wire config. There are no surrounds yet as the room this system lives in has little free space.

I've recently installed a dedicated 20A circuit over to where the 1055 lives and have a very modest surge protector (Best Buy quality) hooked up to it. My sources and TV are connected to another seperate set of outlets/15A circuit. All of this has worked flawlessly and sounded great for 4+months

until this week...

I currently can't plug the 1055 into any outlet around the house and play a CD or DVD or have the Sat. hooked up without major static and interference overwhelming the front 3 channels. It will do this intermittantly if I switch it to 2ch mode, but I see this condition the most while using Dolby, DTS or even the built-in sound processing DSP. It also seems to occur after the amps have had sufficient time to warm up as when the unit is cold and completely powered off for several hours, I can power it up in any outlet in the house, including the new circuit I installed without issue for about 2 or 3 minutes, but then the static overwhelms and the sound that's supposed to be playing completely fades from audible levels.

I'm prepared to ship it back to Rotel to see if they can work some magic on this thing, but before I take that plunge, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar and what was done to correct it??

Thanks in advance for your responses ;x( They're greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
    Bonk..
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Having followed the 1055's since their introduction, I have not heard of this one yet. If you've eliminated the possibility of outside interference, it sounds like it needs to see the Rotel doctor. One thing you might try before you send it off is to take it to a friends house or even a dealer and see if the problem persists in a completely different environment. If this problem is induced by something at home it can be challenging to find. Best to be sure.

Comment

• Destruction
      • Dec 2006

Hi Bonkler,

It sounds like a problem with the power amplifier internally, so I would recommend speaking to your local dealer or calling Rotel.

Best regards,

Comment

• bonkler
        • Jan 2005

just what I was thinking

I thought something may have happened, a low level surge or somethig to that effect that knocked the amps out... Just not sure though so I'm bringing it to a friends' house to try to see if I can determine weather or not its a power supply issue or if something internally is fried. I'll keep posting here w/what I find out.

Cheers!
        Bonk

Comment

• bonkler
          • Jan 2005

Follow-up.. Rotel Service SHINES!!!

What can I say??? After getting my RI # in early February, the service team at Rotel downright hooked me up! They ran diags and determined what the issue(s) were.. It was promptly returned to me with a replaced my amplifier power module, loaded the latest firmware updates and shipped it back to me all within a 3 week turnaround time. I was highly impressed, their professionalism showed throughout the whole process. I've been enjoying the 1055 again and am thrilled to have it back in working order.

To me, THIS type of service from any company is exemplary of what builds repeat customers, which is exactly what they want: Brand loyalty... They had me sold on the clean sound and versatility of the reciever when I first purchased it... After this service though? It only stands to reinforce my previous beliefs and will recommend Rotel to any of my friends who'll listen to me....

Cheers!

Bonkler

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"