X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elapsed
    • Nov 2006

Rotel RSX-1057 + Denon DVD-2930CI

Hello - I will be purchasing an RSX-1057 along with a Denon DVD-2930CI. My loudspeakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v3. The Denon player will be used as my CD player. For two channel audio, should I connect via digital, and use the Rotel's DAC's? Or would you recommend connecting via analog, and using the DVD player's DAC's?

Thanks!
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Hi There,

Connecting Via Anolag cable from the source to the receiver will give you more warmer sound IMHO.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

If it were a lesser player, I would say use the Rotel DAC. But, since the 2930ci is moving towards the better side of the quality/performance spectrum, you should listen to it's DACS as well via an analog hookup in bypass mode or multi input. This is the only way to know for sure. Take your time and don't rush to judgement as it can take a while you to zero in on subtle differences. I would leave it connected both ways and alternate over a period of a couple of weeks.
      Don't forget to use some decent quality interconnects and listen to various CD's.

Comment

• mars
        • Sep 2004

I'm running a 2930 with a 1068... on my system the 2930 DACs are more detailed and "forward" than the 1068's but somehow not as warm sounding-I have it connected both ways to suit my listening mood. Bass management with regard to subs and main speaker crossover is a challenge though.
        Take your time to dial in the 2930--for the money it's an outstanding DVD scaler. I was very pleasantly surprised even comparing it to units twice as expensive (Marantz, Rotel).

Comment

• shadow 8
          • Aug 2004

I have been thinking of selling my three year old Denon 2900 and exploring the 2930 as a replacement. Any experience comparing these models? I do not have a HDMI tv that would allow upscaling. Unfortunately, in these days, my local dealers do not carry a 2930 as a demo to see and try. You have to order one.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"