X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3ll3d00d
    • Dec 2006

Rotel RSX 1055 v1.x and v2.x differences

Hi,

I have a possibly straightforward question but one that I can't find a direct answer to.

There is an ex-demo RSX 1055 available for a good price however it's firmware is v1.50 and I'm waiting to find out whether it has had the component bandwidth upgrade or not. The question is whether there is any difference between a v1.x with the component upgrade vs a v2.x model, if so what is the difference and is that difference something that demands price negotiation.

Cheers
    Matt
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The 2.xx was due to a hardware change that didn't effect sound or function. So a 1.xx model with the newer component video board will be the same as a 2.xx model.

Definitely have them check the board. I've seen 2.xx with the old board and 1.xx with the new one from the factory!

Kevin D.

Comment

• 3ll3d00d
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
      The 2.xx was due to a hardware change that didn't effect sound or function. So a 1.xx model with the newer component video board will be the same as a 2.xx model.

Definitely have them check the board. I've seen 2.xx with the old board and 1.xx with the new one from the factory!

Kevin D.
      LOL, really quite random

appreciate the response btw, if it hadn't been for finding (and searching through) this board I wouldn't have had a clue about the possible existence of this issue let alone questioning the guy in the dealers about it :T

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"