X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarsi
    • Nov 2004

Help on RB1092

I would appreciate anyone that can share experience on RB1092. I recently added RB1092 to RSP1098, which now drive my front speakers and now the RMB1095 drive the rear and center speakers.

Both the amp are turn on and off via the +12v trigger from the RSP1098 but I noticed each time I turned off the RSP1098 which in turn will switch off the RB1092, the protection lights on the RB1092 power amp will come on momentarily one after another before the amplifier switches off. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Perfectly normal, same on all of Rotel's amps.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sarsi
      • Nov 2004

Hi Kevin, thanks for the confirmation. Somehow, this is a bit weird I noticed that my RMB1095 protection lights will all come on momentarity when I turn on the system but RB1092 is the other way only happen when I switch off the system

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

Normal, mine does the same.

Comment

• voxy
          • Jan 2005

Sarsi, could you give me an account of your experience with RB1092 in your set up cmpared to 1095? I am itching to add one...

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Yeah, I was wondering that as well, how do you like the 1092...I'm assuming you went from the 1095 powering the fronts to the 1092?
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• sarsi
              • Nov 2004

Hey guys, not really good at the technical analysis, but maybe in my layman experience.

One of the reason I decided to upgrade is after adding the Marantz SA11 cdp to my setup, though I felt that the system has really improved by leaps and bounces, the music really come alive; details, clarity and sweet but somehow I find the bass with the RMB1095 is somewhat muffle and did not give me the tight punchy bass I was hoping for.

I did make an A/B comparison down at the dealer place between RB1080 and RB1092 (not really a fair comparison but there isn't a RB1090 around for me to compare), and the conclusion is RB1092, it really give the very control and tight bass that I like. I do understand from all the negative reviews that I previously read on this forum but hey it give me the kind of music that I want which really matter.

Well, I think it still needs some run-in for both cd player and the amp, I expect it to sound even better, just can’t wait. I can understand now when my friend described how the speakers disappear, kind of getting the feeling that the music was coming from somewhere else other than either of the 703, very airy and wide soundstage ☺ ☺

If you remember previously, I did used my stereo MF A3.2 to drive the front speakers before switching it back to 1095, I would say MF bass was really good but the 1092 is even better than MF. Somehow I felt that the MF though overall better than 1095 but it is a bit too forward (kinda of in your face) and a little bright. 1092 is pretty good all round but the bass is a little too heavy on some of the pieces but I think it will smoothen out once it is run-in.

I think this is very good amplifier and very amaze and happy with the size, but I am not sure is the RB1090 better never get a chance to hear it.

Btw, miner thanks for your information.
              Last edited by sarsi; 18 December 2006, 21:51 Monday.

Comment

• sarsi
                • Nov 2004

Hi Voxy,

I don't know about putting it in the cabinet, thought I stack my equipments but the surrounding is pretty open and well ventilated unlike in a cabinet it can get really hot. However, after a couple of hours of playing the 1092 is only luke warm . Most of times I have my air conditioning on when playing the system, it may be the reason why heating is not a real problem.

The DV9500 is not a fair comparison with the SA11, which is twice the price of DV9500 and a dedicated CD player. DV9500 is more of a DVD player but with the ability to playback multi-channel SACD. I used to connect a Marantz CD6000OSE/LE just for cd playback in the system, the CD6000 has more body and dynamic against DV9500. SA11 is a few more levels up from the CD6000OSE/LE, the music just come to live when I replaced the CD6000OSE/LE with the SA11

Sorry, I don't actually know "redbook cd playback" meant? can to share what that is referring to?

Comment

• voxy
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sarsi
                  Hi Voxy,

I don't know about putting it in the cabinet, thought I stack my equipments but the surrounding is pretty open and well ventilated unlike in a cabinet it can get really hot. However, after a couple of hours of playing the 1092 is only luke warm . Most of times I have my air conditioning on when playing the system, it may be the reason why heating is not a real problem.

The DV9500 is not a fair comparison with the SA11, which is twice the price of DV9500 and a dedicated CD player. DV9500 is more of a DVD player but with the ability to playback multi-channel SACD. I used to connect a Marantz CD6000OSE/LE just for cd playback in the system, the CD6000 has more body and dynamic against DV9500. SA11 is a few more levels up from the CD6000OSE/LE, the music just come to live when I replaced the CD6000OSE/LE with the SA11

Sorry, I don't actually know "redbook cd playback" meant? can to share what that is referring to?
                  Hello sarsi, thank you for your reply. Redbook CD means normal CD which is use to differentiate the number of disc format we have today. :B

So I read that the DV9500 performance for CD playback is a notch lower than CD6000? Hmm... that is strange, did you use analog output from DV9500 or digital? Sorry to ask so much bec I am settling down with a universal player. Thanks.

Comment

• sarsi
                    • Nov 2004

Hi Voxy, I personally find that the universal player is a little less than a cd player. However, I did successful improved the sound over the CD6000 by actually adding a external DAC (in my case, Musical Fidelity X-DACv3 DAC) for CD playback. However, no change or improvement for multi-channel DVD-A/SACD. As you know Marantz have some of the best cd transport mechanism around.

Here how the connections look like:
                    CD playback
                    DV9500 co-axial digital output to the DAC, and the DAC analog output to my 1098 cd input.

SACD/DVD-A playback
                    5.1 channels outputs from DV9500 to 1098 5.1 channels input.

DVD movie playback
                    DV9500 optical digital output to 1098 digital input for DVD.

This arrangement really improve the sound over the CD6000, as the combination of the DV9500 as cd transport and the Musical Fidelity X-DACv3 dac is as good as a Musical Fidelity cdplayer in the market, the sound is way better than CD6000. The reason I go for Marantz SA11 is that I really wanted a good SACD stereo playback as well. Btw, the MF X-DACv3 is in expensive comparing to getting another CD player, and especially with the new X-DACv8 is out.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"