X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bnieman
    • Jun 2006

RMB 1075 Clicks When Turned Off

Just this past week my RMB-1075 started making clicking sounds in ~2 minute intervals after I turn it off. The clicking lasts for at least an hour decreasing in volume steadily. The clicking remains even if I completely power off the unit (I am utilizing the 12V trigger with my RSP-1068 otherwise.) Obviously there is some stored power somewhere.

After searching the forum people talk about relays making noise? Is this noise normal, or should I have my unit serviced. It is only 6 months old and I have the full warranty. If so, does Rotel make y ou pay to ship it to them?

While in operation the amp works beautifully and I have no complaints. It's just when it is powered down...

Thanks
    Bryan
    Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The capacitors will slowly drain down, but shouldn't click. I would call Rotel and see if they have any ideas.

If you were to send it in, they do require you to pay shipping to them. If you are in North America, the new policy is to replace any problem units within the first year of ownership. You might have to have your dealer verify the problem for that to occur though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

Thanks for your quick reply Kevin. I sent an email to Rotel Tech Support, I will report back with their reply.
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

Sounds like a 12 volt trigger issue to me. Disconnect the trigger and see if you get the noise after turn off.

Comment

• BWzes03
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by shadow 8
          Sounds like a 12 volt trigger issue to me. Disconnect the trigger and see if you get the noise after turn off.
          I second that, it maybe the trigger circuit in the pre/pro that somehow keeps power on the trigger circuit.

Does this also happen when you switch the 1075 off using the main switch ?

Normally, you here a clicking sound from the relayswitches when either the power has been turned on and capacitors are fully charged.
          When the system is being turned off you should here the click immediately.
          In both cases you should here only one click.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by bnieman
            The clicking remains even if I completely power off the unit (I am utilizing the 12V trigger with my RSP-1068 otherwise.) Bryan

While it's worded a little confusing, he says above it still clicks even with the main switch off. IE, normally I use the trigger, but even if I use the switch.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"