Are there any auto switchers for 1 set of 5.1 analog?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Are there any auto switchers for 1 set of 5.1 analog?

This may have been asked before if so i'm sorry.My rsx1056 only has 1 set of 5.1 inputs and i have the toshiba HDa1 as well as a denon dvda/sacd player which i still enjoy.I would like to connect both.I know there are switchers available but i'm looking for 1 that does the switching automatically so i dont have to keep getting up to do the switching whenever i need to use 1 of the players.thanks
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Zektor remote switchers.
    UK Based manufacturer of HDBaseT video distribution systems, HDMI over HDBaseT extenders, CEC control solutions, including our exclusive USB-CEC Adapter

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

I don't know that the Zektor switches are really 'automatic,' but they can be controlled by remote, so you can potentially program your remote to switch devices as needed.

I have considered this option myself, as my processor (like most others) has only one set of 5.1 analog inputs. It involves a *lot* of wires vs. hdmi, but if you've got a nice processor/receiver and want all of the advantages of the new surround formats (e.g., Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD), it offers a viable shorter-term solution.
      Brad

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Glen B
        Unless I am reading this link wrong, it appears the only 5.1 switcher has been discontinued and it cost over $400 :E .

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by shadow 8
          Unless I am reading this link wrong, it appears the only 5.1 switcher has been discontinued and it cost over $400 :E .
          One of the other models is supposed to be able to work as a 5.1 switcher.

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

Several of them can. The cheapest is the HDS4.1, which lists for $259.

Zektor HDS4.1
            Brad

Comment

• Hakka69
              • Dec 2006

Get yourself a component switcher that also has L/R audio and composite video, connect your 5.1 analogs to the 6 RCAs, remembering what goes where as they wont be color coded.

A lot cheaper than a 5.1 switcher.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"