X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

1057 up/downscaling questions

I have a 1056. I see the new 1057 has 2 HDMI ports.
    Does the upscaling system upscale the composite, S-Video, and Component video to the HDMI port?

Also does any one know if they added downscaling? IE I would like to connect my Xbox 360 via component, and have it output on HDMI, Component and Composite.
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I also have the 1056 and posted a similar question before,i dont believe it does any upscaling at all.I think it's just video only.You may check the specs at rotel to be sure.I was actually looking to the 1057 but everyone suggested and i agree there really isn't any difference between the 2 except the hdmi.

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

Opps, my bad, I said "upscaling" and I should have said "Video transcoding"

Does any one know if the analog inputs on the 1057 are somehow replicated on the HDMI output?

Comment

• OC 335i
        • Dec 2006

Video only and HDMI switching only from what I've read here (I just installed my 1057 last night). HDMI v1.1

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

OC's got it right. The HDMI portion of the 1057 is only a 2x1 switcher. It's in no way connected to the receiver other then switching with video 1 and 2.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"