X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

IR repeater for Rotel 1056

I have a Rotel 1056 thats about to get moved out of my AV room into a closet.

The back of it has Rem in Zone/Ext and 2 IR out ports.

Does anyone know what IR equipment is compatible with these ports?

I plant to install a single IR sensor in the AV room, and I'd like to connect it to the REM IN EXT jack on the back of the rotel.

for my other components, I'll need an IR emitter (those seem pretty cheap)

Can I just plug a few dual emitters into the IR out of the rotel, and plug in the sensor to the REM IN jack, without needing any extra adapters?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Pretty much any standard 12v IR systems are compatible (Xantech, speakercraft, niles, etc). You will need to have some type of connecting block on the IR receiver as the 1056 will not supply power to the receiver. Most IR receivers will come with a basic connecting block that will have an input for power, an input for the receiver, and an output that can plug into the 1056.

What I've never used is the IR outputs on the 1056. In theory you should be able to plug a few duals in there, but it may not work. If it doesn't work you can easily get a 4-out connecting block later.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"