Rotel 1095 1067 1080 buzzing ...........FIXED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulitnv
    • Mar 2006

Rotel 1095 1067 1080 buzzing ...........FIXED!

I had been hearing real bad buzzing from my amps and processor for the last couple weeks. Even while the system was off, in standby mode, it was still very loud. I had tried everything, removing individual wires, plugging into different outlets, I unplugged from the condiitoner thinking it was a conditioner issue. .................I spent hours behind the rack.

Turns out, it was caused by the electric space heater in my son's room. Our furnace is in the midst of a change out and we had been using a little space heater in his room. Everytime the thermostat kicks that little heater on, it sends a horrible buzz through the system.

Not likely any of you have had this problem but, hey, figured I'd share. I was very happy to know it wasn't faulty Rotel equipment.

Chris
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I would hope your conditioner would have cured that problem. What kind of conditioner do you have?

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

I had the same problem with a printer that was plugged into my HT circuit. Took it away and buzz left. After buying a Rich Grey conditioner I added the printer back and no hum. :T

Comment

• bulitnv
        • Mar 2006

I have the HTS 5100 by Monster. That may be my problem.

Chris

Comment

• bulitnv
          • Mar 2006

Just talked to my dealer, according to them the Monster 5100 should be clearing this up without a problem.

Chris

Comment

• Club1820
            • Jan 2006

Similar problem with my 1052 Receiver. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz. Tried everything. Then it hit me - only buzzing when the Humidifier in the bedroom is on! Then, it only buzzes when its on the high setting!

Well, we only use the humidifier when its really dry and even then - only in low! I know what my priorities are!
            Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

My RLC-1040 took care of my hum/buzz that I had in my system. It was being caused by a rheostat on a light switch. Completely silent now. Best $450 I ever spent on my system.

Comment

• bulitnv
                • Mar 2006

Part of the problem is that the wires in my house are not grounded. I think the only fix for me is to get an electrician out and run a dedicated circuit for my electronics.

I am going to try a buddies Rich Grey, but I don't think it will help. I am not to concerned though. Our furnace should be replaced soon so the space heaters will not be used anyways.

Just happy it is not a problem within my Rotel pieces.

Chris

Comment

• nopat
                  • Aug 2005

We had one of those parabolic space heaters plugged into an outlet and hear this nasty buzz/hum coming from the 1068 that was, oddly enough, synced to the heater. Go figure :roll: .

Doesn't do any damage, did it?

Comment

• bulitnv
                    • Mar 2006

No, according to my dealer as well as Rotel, that buzz/hum will not hurt the components.

Needless to say, it sure as heck can't do them any good

So I am just keeping my conditioner switched off during the evenings while the heater is on.

Chris

Comment

• H.Donald
                      • Aug 2004

You guys be extra careful with those space heaters...I would not allow one in my house.

Comment

• bulitnv
                        • Mar 2006

Well, until the furnace is fixed (hopefully by the end of this week), I either use a space heater or let my 19 month old son freeze. I think I will chance the heater.

Comment

• OC 335i
                          • Dec 2006

Freeze? You live in SoCal. :P What's wrong with electric space heaters anyways? I've had one for years when it gets really "cold" here in SoCal (I mean 40-50s, we have it rough!)

Comment

• bulitnv
                            • Mar 2006

I am in South Whittier, up against the hills. It is not too cold for me, but it has been getting down toward 40 in the evenings. Thats pretty chilly for a 19 month old child. :T

Chris

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"