X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

RA-1062 vs. RA-06

I don't suppose anybody here has A/B'ed these two units ...
    i'm choosing between these two units

no there are no demos here
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

Any specific speaker in mind?

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

right now, it's just Polk Audio Rti4 ... but I was thinking ahead (when I move this to a dedicated 2 channel - maybe add an amp)

who knows, maybe in the future, it'd be some 800 series B&W or Martin Logan ESL's

Comment

• BTB
        • Jan 2006

Just going on the specs I would say that they are more or less the same amplifier in a different box, but I'm sure others will disagree.

Just by the way when looking at Rotel power outputs, ignore the rated figure (perhaps you know this already, but)... both of the amps you mentioned put out around 90wpc/8ohms (actual).

In terms of sound quality, I'd be suprised if there was even a 5% difference (judged subjectively of course) between these two models. Both are very good value... the Euro series model being even better value... when cost is considered.

Comment

• jim777
          • Mar 2005

I only have experience with the RA-1062. I tried it with 603s3's, CM4 & CM6 (old series), 704 and 703's. The 1062 did a great job until the 703's. So you might be fine with either amp for your current speakers, but forget the 1062 for 800 series or Logans. They need more and better power.

But I'll repeat, the 1062 is awesome in it's price range. IMO, it sounds a lot better than the RX-1052 receiver by the way.

Comment

• mike c
            • Dec 2005

thanks guys ... maybe someday I can afford new amps for my HT and use my 1077 for 800 series speakers [that's after I can afford 800 series speakers in the first place]

researching on the net, I did see 1 guy in a forum mention a night and day difference between the two units. but if you've been around forums long enough, 1 review doesn't really count.

I guess we're lucky to have the euro series over here as a better bang for the buck ...

but the two units only have about 60bucks difference between them.

how about this, which one looks better?

Comment

• jim777
              • Mar 2005

I'm not a big fan of tone controls, and I don't know for the RA06, but the 1062 has a great natural sounding tone control that is very useful for some (bad?) recordings, or for that extra kick when listening at lower volumes.

And I do prefer the look of the 1062

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                • Nov 2006

jim777 i doubt the ra-1062 sounds better rx-1052, i highly doubt that, why do you say so, and what equipment was being used with the 1052 and wich equipment with the 1062?

Comment

• jim777
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ejuanpiman
                  jim777 i doubt the ra-1062 sounds better rx-1052, i highly doubt that, why do you say so, and what equipment was being used with the 1052 and wich equipment with the 1062?
                  Both with a RCC-1055 CD player and B&W. It was the same system and I only swapped between the 1062 and 1052. I listened to low to moderate volumes so the 1062 was very far from clipping or lacking power. In these conditions, at the same volume, the 1062 was a lot better than the 1052 (also to my surprise by the way).

Probably that the video/tuner stuff in the 1052 are a "liability"

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                    • Nov 2006

jim777, well i currently own the 1052 together with b&w 705's, and together they sound beautifull, where clipping i start getting at very high levels of volume, and i hve heard the 1062, but i found that the 1052 had a more pronounce highs and mids, not to mention soundstage..., not trying to put your knoledge or go against you jim777 but i guess it all comes down to personal preference, i consider both amps well designed...

Comment

• jim777
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ejuanpiman
                      jim777, well i currently own the 1052 together with b&w 705's, and together they sound beautifull, where clipping i start getting at very high levels of volume, and i hve heard the 1062, but i found that the 1052 had a more pronounce highs and mids, not to mention soundstage..., not trying to put your knoledge or go against you jim777 but i guess it all comes down to personal preference, i consider both amps well designed...
                      No problem, maybe it also depends on synergy with the speakers.

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                        • Nov 2006

mike c , i would go for the 1062, i was very pleased with the sound of it, and also it is a good price, if you look at the powerconsumption of the amp you can just realize of how good of a powersupply this integrated has...

Comment

• Boombox
                          • Oct 2005

RA-06.....no question.....

both the 1062 and the predecessor of the RA06, the RA03 won hi-fi magazine awards....I think "best buys" or "product of the year". The RA06 is an upgrade to the RA03 and the Rotel philosophy is not to fix what is not broken.....

Also, the RA06 has a more "conventional" look and can match components of other brands better than the 1062, which has a very distinct appearance...
                          Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• mike c
                            • Dec 2005

i'm going crazy over here:

RA-06 pros:
                            latest model
                            cheaper
                            more power

RA-1062 pros:
                            higher series
                            matches the RB amps better (or other 10 series units)
                            looks pretty much like the RC-1070

also, one more question re: both units ...
                            do you need the remote to turn the integrateds on? (I read this on an audioholics review of the 1062 - that after turning on the master ON button on the unit, you need the remote to get it out of standby)

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"