X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveT
    • Sep 2006

RC-1070 question

Hi,

I was wondering about the phono stage of my RC-1070. I am in the market for a new turntable and in one of the brochures and on the Rotel website it seems to suggest that you can use a high output moving coil cartridge although there are no specs posted under the MC column. I was concerned as I notice that some of the turntables I am considering (possibly from MusicDirect) come with a high output moving coil cartridge.

The worst scenario what would happen if it was not compatible? Would there just be no sound output from the turntable?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No clue on the TT front, but here's a bump in case some missed it over the weekend.

Kevin D.

Comment

• philly boy
      • Jul 2005

Hey SteveT, go back to the Rotel web site and look under Support, then frequently ask questions for the RC1070. It says the preamp only supports the MM phono.

--Philip

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

That is correct - only MM on the RC-1070. The RC-1090 willhandle both MC & MM.

Comment

• SteveT
          • Sep 2006

Ah....that's what I was affraid of. I guess I can just get a high quality mm cartridge then or the only other option most cost effective would be a phono box....I think that would do it??

Oh well,....LOL Thanks!! 8)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"