X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Desert Fox
    • Dec 2006

Intro to Rotel Club

I am an old school audiophile...I also sold Rotel and other 'mid-fi' products at a stereo outlet in Vancouver, Canada for 2 years back in the 1980's.

I still have my old Harmon Kardon integrated amp I bought when I was 14 years old (PM 640 integrated amp, RCD 940BX, Mission 700 speakers).

The problem I have run into with my Rotel CD player (RCD 940BX) is that the button to play etc. keep wearing out and falling off the machine. I had them replaced twice already, fortunately within warranty.

This, the third time, the buttons have broken off again..and additionally the CD player will no longer operate.

I am trying to decide whether to bother getting it fixed or just upgrade to the RCD 1072. Thoughts?
    Alan Snider
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Welcome to the club!

I haven't heard much about the 940, but the 1072 seems to always get a lot of praise. If the laser mechanics are out, there's a chance they may not have them anymore.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"