X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy
    • Feb 2003

RB 971 4 ohm power?

It dosen't seem to be in the manual (just 70w into 8 ohms). Anyone have an idea as to what this will do for a 4 ohm speaker? I realize I don't post here much but I know you guys are the Rotelians so I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am wondering if it'll power a set of Polk LSi's, which seem to be very power hungry. Thanks.
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Jonesy, there is a 971 amp curently listed for sale on ebay (Australia) and the seller is claiming 95 watts into 4 ohms and 180 watts bridged mono. (has to be at 8 ohms or higher when bridged.)

You could also check out the archived user manual on the Rotel site, which I know is there, but didnt download it.

Apparently there is also a 971 Mk II, not sure what the difference is but the 971 mk I was made around 1997 onwards and was $399.00

Pete

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I an amp is stable at 8ohm bridged, that automatically means it's stable at 4ohm stereo.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Jonesy
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by bleeding ears
        Jonesy, there is a 971 amp curently listed for sale on ebay (Australia) and the seller is claiming 95 watts into 4 ohms and 180 watts bridged mono. (has to be at 8 ohms or higher when bridged.)

You could also check out the archived user manual on the Rotel site, which I know is there, but didnt download it.

Apparently there is also a 971 Mk II, not sure what the difference is but the 971 mk I was made around 1997 onwards and was $399.00

Pete
        Thanks. I've had my 971 for a few years now and have used it in both bridged and stereo modes. I've been very happy with it. I'm just curious if I could use it for those power hungry LSi's or if I should be looking for a new amp first. The manual online states stereo wattage (70) but only says it's capable of 4 ohm loads with no wattage given.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"