X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericwatson
    • Nov 2006

RSP 1066 2 channel analog

I Have A RSP 1066 Surround Processor and my question is when my speakers are set to small with subwofer on and hooked in at the cd analoge
    conection in analoge 2 channle stereo dose the small speakers get an unprocessed signal above the crossover setting and is the bass being reprocessed and sent to the subwofer or is all of the signal being reprocessed in bass management by the way of adacs to dac back to adacs and on to the speakers
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's all getting processed. The 1068 added a bypass mode, but that kills the sub.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ericwatson
      • Nov 2006

kevin would there be any differance in a digital conection versus the way i have it now Im feeding it with a mac mini fiber optic to benchmark dac 1 to RSP 1066 cd in
      since it is being reprocessed any Way would it sound the same if i just went mac mini
      to digital in on RSP 1066

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

Eric, take a look at the Rotel website, find FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
        for the 1066 processor, and scroll down to technical notes.

It explains how it works, the original signal going through the tone, volume and crossover, and then off to the speakers. At the same time another second copy of the signal is going off to be processed to create the signal for the sub.

Whether the signal route is considered to be analogue, after going thru tone controls and crossovers beats me because these I think may be done digitally ?

The Rotel notes say it is pure analogue, so I guess they should know ?

So now it makes me wonder whether this pure analogue is truely analogue at all?

Anyone help here?

Pete

Comment

• ericwatson
          • Nov 2006

thank you

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"