X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Comparison, Parasound & Rotel Amplifiers

How do the two brands compare to each other? I'm looking at audiogon and ebay and the pricing appear to be fairly similiar. If we compare the Rotel RB-1080 to the Parasound 2250 or the Halo A51 how do each stack up against each other?
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

bump

Comment

• oxcartdriver
      • Apr 2006

I believe you'll find the parasound A51 to be priced quite a bit more than the RB-1080. I've heard the parasound models, but cannot comment on the comparison to Rotel, sorry.

Comment

• deke
        • Dec 2005

Years back a salesman had told me that Parasound amps were built by Rotel. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny this?

Comment

• kurtholz
          • Feb 2005

read this months absolute sound, they talk about them both

Kurt

Comment

• mike c
            • Dec 2005

i dont suppose you can summarize what it said, can you?

Comment

• kurtholz
              • Feb 2005

It says the basic reviewer talk, about how great it is, ( every review says this i think), but reading between the line's, ( these are quote's),

"the Rotel's sounded faster but lacked some heft",

"they also didnt have quite as large a soundstage as the Parasound",a very important part a gleaned was this comment

" Some audiophiles will find it clean and perhaps lacking some body on the notes,Im starting to think that this may be an inherent part of switching amplifiers"

"The Rotel's will not match up to megabuck systems,and arent really intended to"

now these are just the negatives, there are many compliments to them in the review,as in all review's

i can't imagine they would compete on the level as the Bel Canto's, which i have used on my 802D's,i thought they did an excellent job, however, i will admit they don't stand up to the Krell monoblocks i use now, of course it was a huge difference in the cost of admission

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• mike c
                • Dec 2005

thank you very much Kurt

Comment

• Pookie007
                  • Apr 2006

I am considering Parasound Halo against Rotel. Based on my best prices, the Parasound is about 80% more expensive. The only real advantage I have found are the balanced inputs on the Halo. Am I missing something? Based on my interpretation of the last posts the Rotel seems to be the better choice.

Comment

• cfrizz
                    • Apr 2006

Both companies make terrific amps, I have owned both. You can't go wrong either way.
                    Cathy
                    ---------
                    Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"