ARCAM PRE & AMP ROTEL??

Hallo,

A little question, what do you think up a combo
    pre Arcam AVP700 (hdmi - OK no vers.1.3) in place of a rsp1098/68 and
    a ampl Rotel rmb1075/1077 ???

The new Rotel pre with hdmi technology coming but if you don't can /will
    waiting 6months ?!
    -----

HDMI to plasma/lcd... in this monent) is really so better as component = rotel???

Please help me
    Style
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

I like the Arcam offerings, though i would go with a Bel Canto or Arcam amp over Rotel,

I use the Arcam Dv29 as a transport now, the HDMI is a great way to hook up to plasma,plus the unit does upconvert especially well, there 1080p player is out now i believe, so an all Arcam setup would certainly satisfy most

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Thank's kurtholz,

I want to buy a AVP700 or reciever 350 (the 2 are 7 cahnnel / 350 7x100)
      (a pay one or the other the same price 7 differnt ca.$ 100.- much for avr350)plus a RMB 1077 or RMB 1095 for a 5 x 200 --> RMB1077 7x100/110 is better
      with the pre AVP700 and next step a Rotel 2 channnel (RB1092..)

(I see 90% movie)

For st.klaus is think is this "nice" ops: , i don't want waiting 6 month minimal for the new serie from rotel pre and what for a price! (i think) and
      actuall pre Rotel + scaler from another mark is not the better solution or?!

style

Comment

• kurtholz
        • Feb 2005

I think the Arcam will be much better amplification, i would stick with that, however, going for power at low price, Bel Canto can be bought used pretty cheap, and in my opinion beats Rotel hands down in sound

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Sorry Kurt,

ALL Arcam?? AVP700 + P1000 (7x135watt)
          P1000 is better in place rmb1077 for pre Arcam avp700 combo??

Personaly i think yes, but Rotel with my B&W is really not bad!
          (--> i use my system 90% for HT)

What do you mine?
          Omar

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

IMO, if you don't want to use the Rotel, go with a Bel Canto. While Arcam does a great job with cd/dvd players and even pre/pro, I've never been a fan of their amps.

Comment

• kurtholz
              • Feb 2005

i agree with gianni, but i am just not much of a Rotel fan,the Bel Canto/Arcam. i think are just several steps up the ladder of bliss

:-)

my humble opinion

Kurt

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

thank's an all,

but sorry what do you say is: buy Arcam pre & amp Bel canto, is this correct?!

bel canto multichannel is not available or?

--------
                Arcam pre with HDMI with rotel amp advised or?
                = better buy HDMI pre (another of Arcam i search only a HDMI) with rotel
                (ex. Marantt SR9600 + Rotel RMB1095 or RB1092 for l/r) or
                Rotel RSP1098 and go via component to the plasma? HDMI is really so better
                compare as component???

thank's for your help and patience ;x(
                your opinion is agree
                Omar

Comment

• kurtholz
                  • Feb 2005

[QUOTE=style]thank's an all,

but sorry what do you say is: buy Arcam pre & amp Bel canto, is this correct?!

bel canto multichannel is not available or?

--------

Yes, Bel Canto makes several multi channel amps, look on audiogon, many great buys at half the cost

they are very good amps

Kurt

Comment

• gianni
                    • Nov 2002

Style,

First of all, even if you get 1000 replies on this thread which will most likely confuse you with all the differing opinions, you need to listen to these for yourself. Otherwise it's no different than going into a restaurant and trying to figure out which item on the menu you like best without actually tasting them.
                    The most you could hope to do is eliminate the ones you are not willing to taste.

Second, see some of the other threads here. Many of us do not feel that choosing a pre or receiver should be based on HDMI alone. All of the brands mentioned above can work very well depending on your tastes and system matching. I would be cautious when you here people make absolute statements such as "one brand is better than another across the line" as most brands do have their strenghts and weaknesses.

Bottom line, gather some info from here and various reviews as a starting point. Then go listen for yourself. Never buy solely on one persons recomendation.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"