X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elapsed
    • Nov 2006

Recommendations for new Rotel setup

Hello - I'm in the process of budgeting for my new home entertainment system as I move into a new condo. It's a fairly small space, so I would like to build a stereo system and eventually build up to 5.1 when I purchase a townhouse in 2-3 years. The loudspeakers I've selected are Paradigm Studio 60 v4, with no subwoofer. I'll also be purchasing a Sharp Aquos LC-37D90U LCD and Denon DVD-2930CI. The system will be for 60% movies and 40% music (primarily rock, electronica, metal, blues, accoustic, etc).

For my receiver / seperates I've narrowed my selections down to:

1. Rotel RSX-1057 receiver
    2. Rotel RSX-1057 receiver + Rotel RB-1070 two channel poweramp
    3. Rotel RSX-1057 receiver + Rotel RB-1080 two channel poweramp
    4. Rotel RSX-1057 receiver + Rotel RMB-1075 five channel poweramp

I haven't had an opportunity to audition these systems with the Paradigm speakers as I'll be purchasing through two different dealers. Would the receiver on its own, without a poweramp, do these loudspeakers justice? I can't justify the price of a dedicated pre-pro, so I'm looking to start with just a receiver. I don't mind upgrading over time (e.g. trading up a two channel poweramp for a five channel poweramp in the future). Does anyone have any recommendations towards these purchases and eventual upgrade path?

I do intend to eventually purchase a matching centre channel and surround speakers, along with an SVS 20-39 PC-Plus subwoofer.

Thanks in advance!
  • Pez
    • May 2004

For a time I had Paradigm Studio 40's v3 and Rotel 1075 and they worked extremely well together, definately cant go wrong with that combo. Based on the info you provided I think options 2 or 3 would give the best bang for the buck. It would provide an excellent two channel system for music and great HT experience without having to pony up the extra money for a 5 channel amp. The 60's would benefit greatly by using an external amp.

Something to keep in mind is if that you are in a condo with a small room for the speakers you could get away with just the 1057 until you move into a bigger place. This would allow you to save up some extra money to buy either a more powerful amp, wether it be a 2 channel or 5 channel. Regardless of which you choose you will be very happy.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"