X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Passing audio through HDMI on RSX-1057

Ever since I got the RSX 1057 I've been disappointed that the HDMI input cannot accept audio signals. Instead I've had to use an optical cable from my dvd player to teh RSX 1057. DOes anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Not until a new model comes out which will likely have HDMI 1.3. Last I heard that wont be a reality until Q4 2007 at the earliest. A lot of people are looking forard to this.

Comment

• Vicente
      • May 2004

Are you sure HDMI can't transport audio signals? I have a Marantz DV6600 DVD player conected to a 42" Pioneer Plasma through HDMI and if I'm not wrong it passes both video & audio.

What you will get in the future with HDMI 1.3 is sending HD audio signals in the new formats. See this link where it says:

"New lossless audio formats: In addition to HDMI’s current ability to support high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby Digital and DTS), HDMI 1.3 adds additional support for new, lossless compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD."

Last edited by Vicente; 30 November 2006, 05:59 Thursday.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The 1057 can certainly pass the audio signal on to a TV, but it will never decode the signal itself.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"