X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brotherMaX
    • Dec 2002

Voltage and Cycle difference in Japan

Hi all,

I am moving to Japan in 5 weeks and I would love to take my Rotel RSX1055 and RMB 1075 with me. However, I just found out that the Voltage is 100V and the cycle is 50 Hz where I would be residing. What would you recommend for me to assure that my Rotels work properly and not get damaged.

Thanking you in advance.
  • brotherMaX
    • Dec 2002

Bump

Anyone???

Comment

• chrispy35
      • Feb 2004

New Rotels.

I vaguely recall that the power supplies of Rotel equipment can be modified for different countries by Rotel-approved techs. Check in the manual or ask your dealer.

Chris P.

Comment

• mars
        • Sep 2004

voltage is slightly lower but runs at 50Hz, a lot of stuff works just fine, motorized appliances run a little slower, microwave ovens don't cook as fast. Most AV gear doesn't seem to notice the difference. YMMV

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

The frequency will be fine, it is just the voltage you want to double check. Lowering the line voltage raises the current drawn, thus creating more heat dissapation, and premature failure. I believe 10% under rated is the limit, anything beyond that and I would retap the transformer (if applicable on your gear).

Comment

• mars
            • Sep 2004

Basic information about electric plugs, current and voltage in Japan.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"