X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

ROTEL RESPONDS!

Our very own Andrew notified Rotel about the "Wish List" post right here at HTG and here's what they had to say (Andrew asked me to post this):

Dear Andy

Many thanks for your comments on the Rotel RSP 1066 in fact the thread you have begun is very interesting. It highlights and confirms many of the ideas we have been discussing internally.

Our primary concentration of late has been wrestling with the introduction of Dolby EX and the changes that inclusion wrought on the product. There has also been a steady stream of dealer requests for minor adjustments to IR codes, default settings as well as the odd software snafu that's absorbed our engineering group time.

Rotel is now preparing the bigger brother to the SP 1066 that will be out next year and definitely the top three items in your own listing are already being featured in this new model.

We want to bring these operational improvements to all our models and in the course of the next six months there should be a major software revision. The last thing we want to do is to do is piece meal and so bundling all the changes together is important.

Even when we do make a major revision not everyone's ideas will or can be incorporated so somebody will be disappointed. However it our company intention to follow the desires and whims of the user base so please keep the list going we appreciate it.

Thank you very much for running this thread I believe in time your readers will see us begin to make some of the changes they are suggesting validating that we do take notice.

You may advise a couple of the people posting their needs that we already include the following fixed IR commands.
    1) Cinema EQ is available with direct command
    2) 5 Channel and 7 Channel stereo have direct IR
    3) To turn Off/On the display hold down the OSD button for 5 seconds.

We have posted the IR commands in the Pronto format on our website.......a message to msheehan@equityaudio.com if you have a problem. But I see you use an address in Manitoba of Pronto PR does this mean you are connected to Philips?
    bstrgds
    Mike
    It makes me, and all the other Rotel 1066 owners I bet, feel real good about our recent purchase! NICE WORK ROTEL! :T

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Sweet! But now do we grab the 1066 now or wait until the "bigger brother" model comes out next year?

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Anybody know how many ex DVDs there are? I was looking at a DTS brochure that was stuck in the packet handed out at the Widescreen party last weekend and see that there are only a handful of es movies. Just wondering if it is the same for ex.
      One thing that Widescreen did was put a speaker directly overhead the main listening chairs that is hooked up to the rear center channel. Seemed to work pretty well. I took down my side and rear center speakers, might have to hook them back up and try the overhead trick. Like Lexicon, the CBll has side and rear center channels.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Bob,
        Visit the WSR website. They have a listing of all EX and DTS discrete dvd releases. Not many DTS discrete, but quite a few EX titles.
        George

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

That says a lot about Rotel. Actually willing to talk about what's coming, even when a new product is being introduced! Very nice to get that kind of dialogue from any manufacturer.

Who knows, I may even be in line next year.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• SiliGoose
            • Aug 2000

That's awesome.
            Is this the first we've heard of the "big brother" to the 1066? Any speculation on what that will offer?

-Sili
            www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

As far as I know that was the first hint of a big brother to the 1066. I'm very happy that Rotel is listening to its user base and focusing on our requests.

Comment

• Legairre
                • Jan 2002

I remember on another site some mentioned(about 2 months ago) that their dealer told them not to buy the 1066 because Rotel had a bigger and better pre/pro coming out this summer. I guess he was correct about the bigger and better part even if the date was way off.

Rotel is absolutely kicking some major butt in my books. First they admit that the 1066 had a hiss problem "and fix it". Then they up start upgrading the 1066 up new features. Then they add DD-EX, because their customers want it in addition to Rotel's XS. Then they introduce a silver 1066 with no increase in price(several companies charge extra for their pre/pros in silver). Now they are going to try and listen to our want/needs wish list. 8)

Way to go Rotel . Now this is what makes me open my wallet to a company.

Rotel if your reading this. I have your 1095 amp and 1066 pre/pro. Keep up the great work and I'll be buying another amp to complete my 7.1 setup. Heck maybe next year I'll sell my 1066 and buy your big brother pre/pro too. ops:

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                Radden Home Theater
                "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Joe M
                  • Jun 2002

Legairre,

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I am also using a 1095/1066 setup (see my 1066 comments on the review thread on this forum) and I absolutely love it. It's great to see quality amp/prepro combos becoming availble to consumers at reasonable prices.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

With out getting into another Outlaw vs Rotel battle IMO while both seem to have great customer service and a willingness to listen to their customers I'm sure glad that when my pre amp needs an update its a simply matter of requesting the latest frimware and not having to ship it in and wait weeks for a replacement. Also while the Outlaw and 1066 are similar in features now who knows what Rotel can do with the 1066 in the months to come...For me that's worth the price difference alone.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"