Question for those that use a 12v Trigger on a RB-1080...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azsyno
    • Oct 2005

Question for those that use a 12v Trigger on a RB-1080...

Hi Everyone... Yesterday I set up the remote 12 volt trigger functionality on my 1080. I used a AC Adapter from Radio Shack (thanks for the ideas on that!). Now I am left to wonder if I've set it up correctly. Here's the deal...

The Rotel manual says to leave the power switch "ON" all the time. The trigger switch is in the "ON" position as well, and I have the trigger post going into the "In" jack (10volt going in). When I power up using my Yammie Rx-V1400 (the trigger cable is tied into the "Switched" jack on the back of the Yamaha), I see the Protection Red Light come on for a second and the blue light on the Rotel 1080 never blinks - all seems good. I have power and speakers are firing... perfect.

The question is this: For those that trigger their 1080, does the Blue "power On" indicator light on the front panel ever turn off? For me, it's always on and this just doesn't seem right. Should it be on "lit" when the Yamaha is turned off??? I'd think it should only come on when the Yamaha is powered.

Thoughts???

Thank you!
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Should be lit all the time whether on or off as it will be always in standby!!

I have the 1098 with 1095 for HT and that is how it works!!

Cheers!!

Comment

• azsyno
      • Oct 2005

Thank you... much appreciated. With that little step complete, my system is now completely dialed in. FINALLY.

Have a great day!

Comment

• Ted
        • May 2006

Yes, it is working right. I just went through the same thing. Here is my e-mail from Rotel:

"HI TED.

YOUR RB 1080 IS OPERATING NORMALLY.

THE BLUE LED STAYS ON TO INDICATE THAT THE AMP IS PLUGGED IN.

WHEN THE RED PROTECTION LED FLASHES ON AND THEN GOES OUT, THAT INDICATES THAT THE AMP HAS GONE INTO STANDBY."

Have Fun!!
        Ted
        Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• azsyno
          • Oct 2005

Cool... and now I have it on authority from the B&W Gawds. Nice. :-)

Thank you Ted... it's nice to have everything working correctly. I even put the backpanels on my stand last night... must be time to buy another piece of equipment when those panels go on. LOL!

Comment

• Ted
            • May 2006

Originally posted by azsyno
            Cool... and now I have it on authority from the B&W Gawds. Nice. :-)

Thank you Ted... it's nice to have everything working correctly. I even put the backpanels on my stand last night... must be time to buy another piece of equipment when those panels go on. LOL!
            Agreed :rofl: , you can't have things being too convienet for too long, must be time to start researching that new equipment! :W Have Fun...

Ted
            Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

You are welcome guys!!! :T

I know that feeling !! Like a Night Mare!! Will I burn the house down ?or will my Amp and all, be too hot?? Is this normal!!!! Well the Matter is solved!! 8)

Have fun!! Welcome to the 12 trigger Volt World!! :T

Cheers,
              Chinets

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"