X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

RBM-1075 or 1095?

Hello All,

Will we hear a "major" difference if we upgrade from a RB-985mkII to a 1075 or 1095. We are running Paradigms Studio 100 v2, CC center with 10.2 Bose for surrounds. We'll be changing our surrounds next.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by june
    Hello All,

Will we hear a "major" difference if we upgrade from a RB-985mkII to a 1075 or 1095. We are running Paradigms Studio 100 v2, CC center with 10.2 Bose for surrounds. We'll be changing our surrounds next.
    I cant fully answer, but I can say good move on changing your surrounds.

With regards to your question I would say this. I have not compared the 1095 to the 1075, but have compared the 1077 to the 1075 and the 1077 is a better amp in ever way possible. Everyway. Many have said the 1077 is equal to or better then the 1095.

Comment

• Ted
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
      I cant fully answer, but I can say good move on changing your surrounds.

With regards to your question I would say this. I have not compared the 1095 to the 1075, but have compared the 1077 to the 1075 and the 1077 is a better amp in ever way possible. Everyway. Many have said the 1077 is equal to or better then the 1095.
      I agree on switching the surrounds!

I've read the opposite, a lot of people are not happy with the sound on the 1077 (or class D in general) compared to other amps. If considering the 1075, 1095, and 1077, I think you better compare them with your own ears. I'm not trying to start a debate ops: , just going by what I've read.

Good Luck!
      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

studio 100v2 fronts? 1095 or 1077 no question.

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

I currently own both a 1075 and 1095....
          To my ears there is a significant difference between the two...a much more,how should I say...smoother,rich...more fuller sound with the larger amp.I have the 1075 with some Paradigm 40s...and it drives them well.I also have the 100s,which I use the 1095 with...and they enjoy the 200 watts,actually I do.Not that the 1075 wouldn't drive them...but,I guess I'm one of those bigger is better people.

Comment

• deke
            • Dec 2005

I have the RMB 1075 driving Studio 100 v2 fronts, cc v2 center, and B&W 601 rears. To me it sounds just fine.

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

I have the 1095 ,and have heard many times the 1075, at my best friends house. I also have auditioned the 1077 and I would go for either 1095 or 1077.

Then again 1077 if you are more enclined to Music than HT, and 1095 If you are both HT and Music 50%/50% !!! 1077 D class 7x 100W and 1095 A/B class 5x200w

I Love the 1095 personally!!

Cheers!

Comment

• Rael
                • Oct 2005

My 1075 powers my Linn speakers, which are 4 ohm speakers. I am amazed at how well the 1075 handles the Ninkas with no strain, even at high volumes. Better still, it runs surprisingly cool! :T

Comment

• chinets
                  • Jun 2005

Go for the RBM-1095!!!

That should take good care of your questions and problems!!!

Next: Take care of the surrounds.. They have got to go!! Pronto!

Cheers

Comment

• june
                    • Feb 2005

Thanks!

Thanks for your responses.

1st: I'll change the surrounds.
                    2nd: I'll keep the amp (RB-985mkII) for now.
                    June
                    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"