X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AM4966
    • Jul 2006

1075 Question

I have a Marantz 5001 Receiver and using it as a pre for my 1075, however I am not able to get sound....The Lights on the front of the AMP dont light up either expcept for the power indicator. When running setup I can get sound from the Sub but nothing else. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Is the AMP broken?

TIA
    AM
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you using the trigger? If not, is the trigger switch turned on?

Kevin D.

Comment

• AM4966
      • Jul 2006

Yes the trigger switch is turned on.....and I can push the power button and it powers up, and down. but there is no indication that the speakers are being recognized(The lights are off and no sound)....Maybe I'll try without trigger plugged in.

Comment

• pramod
        • Dec 2005

Hi AM,

FYI
        In my 1075 the lights only flashes whne I turn the unit off/on, when it is playing I can only see the red light on it not the speaker lights.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Yeah you don't want the speaker lights to be on.. Those indicate a problem. I would definitely remove the trigger and turn the switch off to rule that out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AM4966
            • Jul 2006

Okay...I think I have a problem...the power light stays Blue and thats it, I'm going to take it to a dealer close to me that works on Rotel equipment.

AM

Comment

• mike c
              • Dec 2005

perhaps the trigger switch is on, without a trigger cable.

or there might be a trigger cable but the main power button is off

Comment

• AM4966
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mike c
                perhaps the trigger switch is on, without a trigger cable.

or there might be a trigger cable but the main power button is off
                No have trigger cable and the system turns on....The Amp's light is blue.

AM

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

AM, the 1075s' blue light indicates that the power button is on, NOT that the Amp is on.
                  If you are using a trigger, set the trigger switch "on", and use an external 12v voltage to power up the Amp. The blue lamp will always be on in this case, even when no trigger voltage is present (I know, stupid implementation).
                  If you're not using a trigger, the trigger switch should be set to "off", with the blue lamp on, the Amp should produce an output, if not you may have a problem.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• chinets
                    • Jun 2005

MJB,
                    I'll second that!! I agree, that's what it is!!!

Hope you get that 1075 problem solved!!!!!

If that is not the problem, then your best bet is your Rotel dealer Pronto!!!

Cheers!

Comment

• mike c
                      • Dec 2005

sorry if this is an infantile question: (but who knows)

do you have the cables connected from the pre-out of the marantz to the appropriate inputs on the amp?

anyway, does the amp work without using the 12v trigger? (turn off 12v trigger switch, remove cable, turn on AMP)

can you take a picture of the front and back of your amp where it is? maybe we can help diagnose your problem.

Comment

• AM4966
                        • Jul 2006

Okay, I got the AMP up and running. It had something to do with the Trigger, so I just turned it off. I thought I did that before, but I didnt. "So I was sitting around thinking about the problem and went and turnd off the trigger and turned the AMP on." It intiated differently, so I hooked up the speakers and everything works. I will figure out the Trigger down the road...

I think when your trouble shooting you have so many thoughts run thorough your mind that you forget to do something small. But after taking sometime and just sit back and think about it SLOWLY you remember what you did or didnt do.....

So thanks for the advise!. I will be upgrading the Marantz sometime in the near future...Hopefully to a Rotel Pre/Pro, is there in new news to the new Rotel Pre/Pro's

AM

Comment

• Kevin D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2002

I just cleaned this thread up, there was no need for the clutter; joking or otherwise.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• chinets
                            • Jun 2005

Thanks Kevin D

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"