X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beermoney
    • Aug 2006

Looking for 1075 rack mounting options

I have finally found a rack that will work in my space. I'm going to use some dead space under the staircase in which to mount the rack. I'm now wondering if there are any "ears" for the RMB-1075. I know there are standard shelves available but they do not have the finished custom look I want. There are also custom shelves out there but they are really expensive.

Any thoughts would be greatly apprediated.

BTW...I'm finally ready to begin construction. I need only a few more cables and will start putting this thing together. I'm documenting every step and will put up a "soup to nuts" chronicle of my journey soon.

THANKS!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No ears available for the 1075. With the way the heatsinks are designed it would be very hard to get any ears to work.

If you want the custom look you'll have to pay the custom price.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Beermoney
      • Aug 2006

Yeah, I've come to that same conclusion.

Would I need a custom faceplate or would the entire shelf have to be customized?

Thanks!
      Last edited by Beermoney; 25 November 2006, 19:43 Saturday.

Comment

• basementjack
        • Dec 2004

Plenty of rackmount shelving exists for the Computer industry.

The 1075 is fairly heavy, depending on your rack, and what shelf you end up with, you may want to locate it towards the bottom and support the backend from under.

rackmounting comes in 2 varieties: the front only racks for telcom panels - while these bolt to the floor, and can accomodate some weight, they are not intended for large heavy items such as servers.
        The other type of rackmount you'll see is typically a cabinet with front and rear supports - large servers get 'racked' at 4 points - usually on sliding rails so the server can be 'pulled' from the rack without tools.

so if you have a 4 post rack, getting a shelf to support your weight should not be a problem.

As for the custom look, you could probably get a blank rack faceplate and have it cut to fill the gaps caused by the rotel's less than 19 " width.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

They sell just a custom faceplate, but it's mainly if you all ready have a shelf with the wrong face plate. It's cheaper just to get the entire custom shelf.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Beermoney
            • Aug 2006

Just a quick update. I looked around for rack solutions but decided to go with the Middle Atlantic slim - 5 rack and customer shelves. They actually were not that expensive. I paid<$100 each for the shelves and got free shipping.

For some things, you just have to fork over the cash!

Thanks,

BM

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"