X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IronBone
    • Feb 2006

Video issues on new RSX-1057 - Please help

I love the sound of the Rotel and all of you to thank for selling me on one, Gratzie!
    Here is how it went when I got home with my new receiver...

I hook everything up last night and something weird is really happening, maybe someone has seen this before. I have a 3 year old Samsung 56" DLP rear projection (sorry no model # on me) with the 2nd generation Texas Instuments DLP chip, that I know. It the one with a 1/2 inch brushed aluminum bezel around the screen, looks really nice. ANYWHO....I can get the video to come up through my Rotel up until the point that hit MENU on the remote. Once I hit menu, my TV screen weirds out on me and starts to look like I'm loosing reception on an old console TV. The screen get's warped and then it will stay warped so I can not navigate through the Rotel driven menu options. To fix this I attached the composite video cable and can navigate via that route. I can turn on PROGRESSIVE through the inputs and it will work but as soon as I hit menu it will freak out the TV and then my TV will tell me it's an unsupported signal. With progressive off, it will warp the screen and make it impossible to see what you're doing but at least it's a signal.

I've also tried using the 480p connection on my TV and the same thing happens. With PROGRESSIVE on it looses signal when I hit the menu button the the Rotel remote and with progressive off it warps the screen and makes it so I can't navigate. Is it my Samsung TV or does anyone know what I can try to change on the Rotel. I thought I tried IT ALL last night but I may have missed something. Any thoughts are welcome, thank you.

I love the sound of this receiver already and I want to keep it. Then again, if I can't navigate the Rotel menus, I don't know how I can unless I buy a different TV, which I'm not willing to do quite yet, I love that TV.

Any comments are appreciated!
  • IronBone
    • Feb 2006

I called Rotel and it appears that it is my TV and not the receiver. It's switching from 720p to a 480i and it should work but my TV is the one giving me the error of "signal unusable". I will just set it up the way I want it for each input and then fine tuen via the receiver display or switch my TV to composite video to make changes.

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

as a side note, I picked up a 7" lcd display from office depot this weekend for $50 after rebate - I plan to run the Composite out of my rotel to it - not sure if thats an option for you but for $50 it'll sure look cool. and you can make adjustments on that while listening to music, without needing to turn your TV on.

Comment

• k99
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by basementjack
        as a side note, I picked up a 7" lcd display from office depot this weekend for $50 after rebate - I plan to run the Composite out of my rotel to it - not sure if thats an option for you but for $50 it'll sure look cool. and you can make adjustments on that while listening to music, without needing to turn your TV on.
        I did the same thing, picked up an LCD to make adjustments without using my plasma. You can see it in the following pictures:

Click Here

-Aaron
        Last edited by k99; 26 November 2006, 02:14 Sunday.
        Pioneer PDP-4360 - Rotel RSX-1057 - Toshiba HD-A2 - Monitor Audio GS10's - KEF KHT-2005

Comment

• IronBone
          • Feb 2006

That does look nice! I'm having someone help me build a new cabinet so I may have to throw that into the plans. I'll post a photo under that sticky on the main Rotel Club page when I finish it all up.

Thanks and take care,

Thomas

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"