X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 94Cobra
    • Nov 2006

Why is sub not working with RSP-1068 ?

Hello - new member here. I just plugged in my new SVS PB12 NSD/2 sub using the low level input from my RSP-1068 and the sub will not play. The only way it will play is if I turn the gain knob on the sub to full max, and add +10db to the sub on the test tone menu, and add another +10db in the seperate surround mode menu. I have tried all of the sub options from the Rotel menus including max and yes. I have tried using other RCA cables and even tried using a Y connector from both SUB 1 and SUB 2 into the single input on the sub - no help. Anyone ever experience this problem before? Any ideas on what else I could try to fix the problem? Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Turn the gain all the way down on the sub, connect it to one of the front outputs, and then slowly turn the gain up on the sub.

Doing this will rule out the sub amp. If you get decent sound this way let us know.

Kevin D.

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

This might seem obvious, but do you have the sub enabled in the 1068?

If so I would reccomend the MAX setting (vs YES)

if your front speakers are large, and the sub is YES, then the rotel will not output bass except when it's found in the .1 channel of a 5.1 recording.

If you have small fronts, then YES works just fine, but with fronts set to LARGE, you need to select the sub as MAX before it will get any of the bass output on most recordings.

This is even true for some dolby digital material - for example, many xbox dolby digital games are lacking a bass channel.

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

94Cobra's original post said "I have tried all of the sub options from the Rotel menus including max and yes"

We'll have to wait for the result of Kevin D's recommended test to see what happens from here.

Comment

• 94Cobra
          • Nov 2006

Well, it turns out my RSP-1068 produces no output from the sub 1 or sub 2 outputs. Confirmed this with Rotel tech support by plugging the sub rca cable into the front right channel out. The sub played like a champ. I sent the processor to Rotel for service - hopefully it will be done soon since my free sub trial period of 45 days is rapidly expiring. I never connected a sub to my processor before, which is why I didn't discover the problem until I bought a sub. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"