X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonergan2468
    • Nov 2006

ROTEL RHB 10 POWER and RHC PRE MICHI

I have a Rotel RHB 10 power amp and passive pre RHC 10 michi, aquired in mid ninties, not used since 1998. I am having serviced by my engineer asI am thinking of selling on EBAY uk.
    I am wondering if any one has any advice with regard to selling etc and price, the units are in good condition, some small scratches etc
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

People are selling theirs (pre+power) here for about 1300 GBP....
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• obiwan
      • Jul 2005

I have a set too. May sell them soon.

Comment

• lonergan2468
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Boombox
        People are selling theirs (pre+power) here for about 1300 GBP....

OK, thanks, do you mean on this site ?

Tim

Comment

• Boombox
          • Oct 2005

No,

Here in SA there is a site where you can trade SH audio-visual equipment. I saw one seller listing his michi series pre and power amp for R18000. With 1 GBP = R14, it should get you to 1300....

However, when I visit audiogon you see SH Rotel equipment sell for good prices, whereas here, the average seller aim for a 70 - 80% trade price relative to the new retail prices, except for extremely expensive kit.....Lexicon, etc...however, such equipment have a few years under their belt...
          Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• lonergan2468
            • Nov 2006

Got them back yesterday from engineer, listened last night with my son's Soneteer Byron CD player, and WOW! it sounds better than the Shanling SP80 power amps that I currently use, the vocals really come out and no siblience etc. Getting confused here, might sell the Shanling amps instead.

Comment

• obiwan
              • Jul 2005

What did the servicing involve? Mine has been on almost permanantly (never gets turned off) but I have a lot of trouble with buzzing (mains hum, RFI etc). Did you listen to it just before servicing to see if the servicing made it better, or was it good anyway?

Comment

• lonergan2468
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by obiwan
                What did the servicing involve? Mine has been on almost permanantly (never gets turned off) but I have a lot of trouble with buzzing (mains hum, RFI etc). Did you listen to it just before servicing to see if the servicing made it better, or was it good anyway?
                Ok, had not used in long time, a friend had it as well and it stopped working ( he had it repaired and stopped again) that was about four yrs ago!! brought it to a GOOD ENGINEER he had a look and was disgusted, someone had done a real botch up job, in output area terrible soldering and had not re set values etc. It sounds better than I can remember, I am using ecosse cables though. aurum cantus leisure 5 speakers.
                Was shocked when I turned it on and after half an hour started to listen.
                Sound staging,backgrounding and silence, vocals, dynamics, seperation, expression etc excellent
                My seventeen year old son said" there will never be anything like this ever again"
                Mind you the Shanlings had a valve upgrade and resistor upgrade as well, so might need good running in.

Comment

• lonergan2468
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by obiwan
                  Sorry; you on about Shanlings.
                  After a few months use I noticed some low humming and constant noise.
                  After a while a LOUD HUM ;REAL LOUD, developed in one of the amps. I left it for quite a while as no money for repairs.
                  I brought to the engineer and he serviced it his report was that a valve had gone and over powered the resistors etc, now I reckon that the valves should have lasted much longer, however I have to admit my ignorance then with regard to using a valve amp as I had removed the speaker cables and as the pins broke ( ecosse cables are tricky things) and also the ecosse interconnect which was not working correctly then, with the units powered.
                  I gave him the other amp as changing valves to chelmer and he noticed that this amp was making a noise as well. more than likely following its comrade down the path of doom.
                  End result £490 to repair.
                  I bought these in through Anew digital who also advertise on e Bay.
                  ALSO my Shanling CD CT100, started off fine, after a few months my discs started to skip a lot, and some of them made the most awful noise when spinning, but not on other players! gave it to the engineer, he reported that
                  the transport was worn!!!!!
                  I am waiting for a new transport from Shanling and thats why I am currently using my son's Soneteer Byron player which is indeed quite good.

I have since purchased a mains conditioner, I think you might benifit from one of these, as valve amps are more prone to react to mains interference etc.
                  Using the shanling amps which obviously still need running in as new valve replacement and resistors etc I have observed that the top end is cleaner.
                  Last edited by lonergan2468; 02 December 2006, 18:07 Saturday.

Comment

• obiwan
                    • Jul 2005

No, I was talking about the Michi. Mind you though, I've been considering replacing it with the Shanlings coincidently.

Comment

• lonergan2468
                      • Nov 2006

[QUOTE=obiwan]No, I was talking about the Michi. Mind you though, I've been considering replacing it with the Shanlings coincidently.[/QUOTE

Looks like I am selling mine, I am in west London

Tim

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"