X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stephan
    • Apr 2006

Which loudspeakers for my RSX-1056?

Hi,

I'm having this fine HT-receiver for almost a year now and I want to upgrade my loudspeakers. My current speaker setup is Tannoy all the way. I have the Mercury M3 for mains, M1's for rears, the MC for centre and an MXsub10 subwoofer. Most important to me is good stereo reproduction. Therefore I'm going to replace my mains first. My budget is about $2000 but I'm having trouble making a shortlist of speakers to audition. My room is about 50m2 with a wooden floor. Which loudspeakers would you recommend for the RSX-1056?

Kind regards,
    Stephan
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Paradigm just come up with the new Studio V4 series. They sound really good with the Rotel setup. Audition the Studio 60 v.4's with the RSX 1056.

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

The B&W 600 Series sound like a good fit. Of course, it may all depend on what is available to you at nearby retailers.
      Brad

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

I'll tell you what i have and have been very happy with.B&W603s3(mains)LCR600(center)and def.tech surrounds(could'nt get the 601s3's)w/martin logan grotto(sub).With my rotel rsx1056 they sound great atleast to me.Rotel and B&W go real good together.My .02.

Comment

• Stephan
          • Apr 2006

Thanks for your replies. I guess B&W is a popular choice. The Paradigms look interesting, I'll definitly check those out. Hopefully I can find a dealer over here (The Netherlands). Is there anyone who has experienced listening to Canton speakers on the RSX? I really like the looks of the Vento line (so does the wife ). I know they're well tested, but how will they sound on my Rotel? Thanks again.

Regards,
          Stephan

Comment

• global
            • Sep 2006

Why not Monitor audio silver series or upp i have the gold series and it sound sweet on my 1057 my dealer tells me that the Rotel+Ma combo is better than he could ever have believed so now he pairs them upp for demo as a perfect match.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

I have owned the B&W600s and 700s before and did like their sound for music production. I have some Cantons at work that I listen to occasionally, I think you are referring to either the Erog or LE series, as those are the only tower speakers that you can get within the $2000 a pair range. I personally don't like the Ergo's too much for the type of music that I listen to (classic and modern rock & some hip hop), I think Klipsch are much better for these genre of music. There are also a lot of people that like the Klipsch & Rotel combo, but I know that most audiophiles will frown at the Klipsch speakers, but they will also make your movies sound pretty awesome as well.

Comment

• shadow 8
                • Aug 2004

The 1056 does a good job driving smaller Martin Logan speakers like my Aeon i and Cinema. Might be a stretch going ML but you can find Aerius i and Cinemas on Audiogon

Comment

• Stephan
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by global
                  Why not Monitor audio silver series or upp i have the gold series and it sound sweet on my 1057 my dealer tells me that the Rotel+Ma combo is better than he could ever have believed so now he pairs them upp for demo as a perfect match.
                  Thanks for your input. I actually have the opportunity to buy a pair of used Monitor Audio GR 60's for $2000. Six months old and barely used. The thing is I've never heard them and have to decide fast. What I heard about MA speakers is that they are excellent with rock music, which is not the type of music I listen to mostly at home. My taste varies from Beethoven to Boards of Canada. I listen a lot to ambient and electronic music. I do have (progressive) rock cds, but I listen to rock only when I'm driving my car. So basicly I'm looking for the best allround floorstanders matching my RSX and I have some doubts about the MA's. Please tell me if I'm totally wrong here.

@BlazeMaster: About Canton: You can check out the Vento Series here.

@shadow 8: Thanks for the Martin Logan suggestion. Hadn't really crossed my mind yet.

Kind regards,
                  Stephan

Comment

• global
                    • Sep 2006

The Monitor audios are excellent with acoustic musik as well as they have a beautiful midrange and the speaker as a whole is well matched nothing sticks out.And to lure out that midrange isnt easy and will require power something Rotel doesnt have a problem with the combo plays great with rock or acoustic musik.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"