X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

RLC-1040 mishap

I have my equipment protected by a Rotel RLC-1040. In the houston area yesterday we had some high winds and apparently lost power at home for a brief time - approx 30 minutes. When I got home last night the preamp was on. Should this have happened when the power was restored? I am scratching my head on this one. :scratchhead:
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Was it on when you left? What I mean is, the RLC-1040 probably shut down, and then restarted itself after a few minutes. If the preamp was on before it shut down, maybe it turned itself back on (don't know if this is possible?). Or is it plugged into a switched outlet that became activated when the unit turned back on?

Good news is, the preamp still works, right? :W
    Last edited by Blindamood; 16 November 2006, 13:36 Thursday.
    Brad

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

What do you have plugged in to the 1040? Was everything OFF except the preamp when the power came back on line? Because when the power comes back on, the 1040 powers up again. You can have this setup changed, you can set it up so when the power comes back on your 1040 will still stay OFF. Was the preamp ON when the power went out?

Comment

• cfrahme52
        • Aug 2005

If I lose power, my 1090 preamp always powers on-even if it was off. (In "standby.")
        It's plugged into a power strip/surge protector, not an APC.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Same here last night with an older APC unit, my 1066 turned on after the power came back on. I'm guessing it's a function of the Rotel gear. I just hope I don't have to re-do all my pre/TV etc settings tonight when I get home
          Jason

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

The preamp (RC-1090) was off initially and is plugged into the preamp socket (not sure if it is switched or unswitched). Everything else was off except for my amp which is connected to the pre via a 12V switch.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

The theater pre-amps have a setting for what to do when power is restored, on or standby. So if you pull the plug on the RC-1090 (off) does it power up when you plug it back in?

Kevin D.

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

I'll check that this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"