Rotel 1066 the better prepro value than Outlaw 950?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

Rotel 1066 the better prepro value than Outlaw 950?

Just wondering which one you would buy if you had to choose? It seems like most of the people who have bought both kept the Rotel. While some people have called the Outlaw "bright," others describe the Rotel as warmer.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I promise this one won't suddenly disappear

I choose the rotel for a variety of reasons that include but are not limited to...

1) The Rotel is upgradeable. Not only that but there have been at least two free firmware upgrades made available already.
    2) The Rotel looks much better and appears to have a higher build quality
    3) Everyone that has tried both kept the Rotel. That IMO speaks volumes about the Rotel
    4) I prefer a more laid back sound so the Rotel was a better choice for me
    5) The lack of a tuner is a plus IMO since I never use it and don't need another source of noise...besides from all accounts the Outlaws tuner isn't all that great anyway.
    6) The cost difference between the two wasn't that great for me.
    7) I get to support my local dealer who I know I'll need again.
    8 I was able to actually buy a Rotel rather then wait on a waiting list (I'm still on the waiting list and am still waiting)
    9) the noise issue on the Rotel makes me wonder about the outlaw...even if its not common its still an unresolved issue.
    10) I was very impressed with the Rotel web site. Its informative, useful and well laid out.
    11) I think resale will be much higher on the Rotel then the Outlaw. Simple fact is in the big picture Rotel is a known and trusted name...Outlaw is not.

Basically though what did it for me was the fact that I got a great deal on the Rotel, it was available locally and was firmware upgradable...the rest are nice perks.

Comment

• Ricky
      • Aug 2000

Andrew,

Thanks for those nicely laid out compelling reasons in favor of the Rotel. I am glad Rotel is continuing to improve on their HT prepros...will keep them strongly entrenched for years to come.

I totally agree about resale value. If you buy a Rotel for $1250, in 3 months (ie, one Ricky year lol!), you might even have a chance of getting your money back. Buy the Outlaw for $900, in 3 months, it's probably worth about $700. I evaluate gear on expected depreciation more so than cash out.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"