X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skippy
    • Jul 2006

rdv-1045

Does anyone know the price of this new DVD player.
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Never heard of it -- where have you seen it?
    Brad

Comment

• skippy
      • Jul 2006

it is on the rotel site. It is a cheaper version than the rdv-1092

Comment

• Marlboroman
        • Aug 2005

I believe it is going to be $500.00 US.

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

So it is! I see it now...

Rotel RDV-1045
          Brad

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Rotel Sure likes to use the B&W FPMs in thier pictures.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by skippy
              it is on the rotel site. It is a cheaper version than the rdv-1092
              I wouldn't call it a cheaper version of the 1092 as it lacks most of the features that make the 1092. This is Rotel's replacement for the 1040/1050. Essentially a cheaper 1050.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
                • May 2004

Any more surprises on DVD readers from Rotel apart from this 1045?

Is Rotel considering a cheaper reader than the 1092 with similar specs, as the competitors have better ones for the same price or less (denon 3930, 1500 Euros or new Marantz 7001, about 800 Euros)?

I'm following all the posts concerning Rotel DVD Readers and my opinion about what I'm reading is that if Rotel don't reacts soon, it will loose many faithful customers, as they don't offer a good price/quality ratio.

Comment

• sirbogey
                  • Mar 2006

I thought the 1060 was a replacement for the 1050. Or was the 1060 a european version of the 1050?

Comment

• fordster
                    • Feb 2005

The 1060 has also been discontinued (replaced by the 1092 I presume). You could get both the 1050 and 1060 in Europe.

Any idea on whether the 1045 will be available in the UK and if so how much it will cost. Hopefully it won't be a $1=£1 conversion! I need a new DVD player for the bedroom and if it's not too expensive I would consider this. It's probably no better than a cheap Pioneer but it looks nice and should be better made.
                    Dave

Comment

• Klemens
                      • Nov 2006

Dear Rotel Friends.
                      I am new at this (great) forum and now I decided to register. I like Rotel products very much and I think there are not so many other brands that are able to top the sound quality of Rotel components. But I have my problems with the DVD player series. It should be possible for an audiphil company like Rotel to construct a Universal Player that allows high quality SACD playback. I thought the next player generation of Rotel would be able to do so. But now, after waiting so long for a solution, I have to buy another one, perhaps Denon or one of the new Yamaha series.
                      Does anybody know, if Rotel will offer a SACD player in the nearer furure (also in Europe)?

Klemens

Comment

• sirbogey
                        • Mar 2006

I remember reading somewhere, that the SACD format is soon to be forgotten.

where do you guys buy SACDs? I walked in to couple of shops here in London, one of them was HMV, and they don't even know what it is......

Comment

• global
                          • Sep 2006

Yep sacd is soon to be forgotten because the discs are hard to come by and is very focused on the classical genre with that said soundwise it has the edge over dvd audio.

Comment

• fordster
                            • Feb 2005

The problem for a small (relatively speaking) company like Rotel is the licensing costs for SACD (plus I presume it would cost them in R&D). For the amount of people who would use SACD it's not worth their investing time and money into the format.

Here in the UK both DVDA and SACD are as good as dead. The only places you can usually find either is online. Try www.play.com for a limited selection.
                            Dave

Comment

• Klemens
                              • Nov 2006

Hello.

@ sirbogey: it is not so difficult to get SACDs in the Net (Ebay, Amazon etc.). Especially for classic recordings the format is great.

Klemens

Comment

• sirbogey
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Klemens
                                Hello.

@ sirbogey: it is not so difficult to get SACDs in the Net (Ebay, Amazon etc.). Especially for classic recordings the format is great.

Klemens
                                I've been a regular on amazon and believe me, I tried to find SACDs on Amazon. The most I found last time were 5 recordings... :Z

Comment

• Blindamood
                                  • Sep 2003

I still buy new SACDs and DVD-As all the time! My two favorite online stores are cduniverse.com and elusivedisc.com, both of which have a pretty substantial selection. I just got the following SACDs in the mail yesterday:

- Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed"
                                  - Johnny Cash "Live at Folsom Prison"
                                  - Elton John "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy"

Coming in the next day or two:

- Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane "Rough Mix" (DualDisc)
                                  - Al DiMeola "Consequence of Chaos"

While they're not coming out with as many non-classical releases as in years past, they still are trickling out new releases every now and again. Another one I'm hoping to get for Christmas is the new Doors boxed set, which includes a 5.1 DVD-A mix of their best albums.

If you elect not to pursue these formats, I think you're missing out on a lot. :W
                                  Brad

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                    • Apr 2006

Would this make a good X-Mas gift for my dad? He needs a new DVD player to go with his RSP 1066 and RMB 1075. He had the RDV 1060 which broke on him last year. Would this 1045 compare good with the 1060?

Comment

• sirbogey
                                      • Mar 2006

another 1060 broken...???

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sirbogey
                                        another 1060 broken...???
                                        My 1060 had no problems what so ever. My daughter killed it. As for my dad's, he had lot of problems with his. He is using his old panasonic DVD player now. So i am thinking about getting him the 1045. I don't want to get him the 1092, i want that for my self. Maybe the wife will get that for christmas for me. :W

Comment

• Clepto
                                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sirbogey
                                          I've been a regular on amazon and believe me, I tried to find SACDs on Amazon. The most I found last time were 5 recordings... :Z
                                          You need to learn how to search then, as I just pulled up 861 SACDs from Amazon.com... Then again, maybe it's a limit of Amazon.co.uk?

Comment

• Klemens
                                            • Nov 2006

You need to learn how to search then, as I just pulled up 861 SACDs from Amazon.com... Then again, maybe it's a limit of Amazon.co.uk?
                                            That´s true. The german Amazon webside also offers a few hundred SACDs and the most of them can be provided directly.

Klemens

Comment

• jim777
                                              • Mar 2005

No HDMI !!! I guess I'll keep my OPPO.

When will someone make a "DVD transport" with digital outputs only (HDMI + digital coax audio) ??

I would have bought a $500 Rotel DVD with HDMI (with no video D/A converter) instead of a $200 OPPO if the digital video processing is as good as the 1092. The build quality would also be better. I would need to use my old DAC but all you guys that have HT receivers or processors would be all set.

Comment

• sirbogey
                                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Clepto
                                                yeap, I've been browsing amazon.co.uk

Comment

• Clepto
                                                  • Feb 2006

Which is ironic, since SACD tends to be more popular in Europe than in the US...

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2002

Just noticed today the 1045 only has support for playing back DVDA's in two channel only. No 5.1 analog outputs!

So technically it's not even a DVDA player..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                      • Sep 2003

So, I guess the naming makes sense...puts it squarely between the 1040 and 1050 in terms of functionality. The 1040 had no DVD-A, and the 1050 had multi-channel DVD-A.

Two-channel DVD-Audio...how bizarre.
                                                      Brad

Comment

• Clepto
                                                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
                                                        Just noticed today the 1045 only has support for playing back DVDA's in two channel only. No 5.1 analog outputs!

So technically it's not even a DVDA player..

Kevin D.
                                                        Can it handle DVD-A over HDMI though? It wouldn't necessarily need 5.1 analog outputs, and could act as more of a transport...

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Oct 2002

No HDMI port either..

Kevin D.

Comment

• jim777
                                                            • Mar 2005

Does this mean that the 1045 was designed for a stereo and a CRT setup in mind.... please tell me if I'm wrong but digital pixel displays like plasma, lcd and dlp should always be connected to a DVD player with HDMI because it avoids a D/A and a A/D conversion..

I still hope they will make a cheaper-than-1092 "DVD transport" with HDMI as the only video output, instead of an already obsolete players. No HDMI in 2006/2007 is like making a new DVD player without component outputs a couple years ago.

Comment

• Vicente
                                                              • May 2004

Originally posted by jim777
                                                              Does this mean that the 1045 was designed for a stereo and a CRT setup in mind.... please tell me if I'm wrong but digital pixel displays like plasma, lcd and dlp should always be connected to a DVD player with HDMI because it avoids a D/A and a A/D conversion..

I still hope they will make a cheaper-than-1092 "DVD transport" with HDMI as the only video output, instead of an already obsolete players. No HDMI in 2006/2007 is like making a new DVD player without component outputs a couple years ago.
                                                              Lately Rotel is doing some foolish things with DVD players.

It's difficult to understand why the latest players are a very expensive 1092 that can't compete in price and/or quality with the new players from the competence, or an expensive (there are so many dvd cheaper players with HDMI, upscaling, DVD-A & SACD capabilities....) 1045 even without HDMI.

How can we decide to go with Rotel with these players when we have HD already in the market?

I would spend 600 Euros for a player like the 1092 that will compare then to other brands in the range price/quality, but with the actual prices and/or features Rotel is driving away potential DVD customers. :M

Rotel. Do you hear us?!!!!!! :Z

Comment

• Vicente
                                                                • May 2004

Originally posted by fordster
                                                                The problem for a small (relatively speaking) company like Rotel is the licensing costs for SACD (plus I presume it would cost them in R&D). For the amount of people who would use SACD it's not worth their investing time and money into the format.
                                                                Fordster, how can you say that when players that cost $200 have it in their specs?

Comment

• Pez
                                                                  • May 2004

There are still a lot of TV's out there without HDMI, mine included, and a 1045 might be a nice addition if I didnt already have a good DVD player (Denon 2910). But I do agree that not inlcuding HDMI seems a little odd.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Sep 2005

Think about this. the Toshiba HD A1 can be bought or less then $400. It plays HD DVD, upconverts SD DVD extremely well, and has HDMI. Just no DVD A and rotel face plate.

Comment

• fordster
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Vicente
                                                                      Fordster, how can you say that when players that cost $200 have it in their specs?
                                                                      Most of those players are from much larger manufacturers that Rotel who can get economies of scale and will sell many more players than Rotel (e.g. Pioneer, Sony, etc).
                                                                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                                                                      😀
                                                                      😂
                                                                      🥰
                                                                      😘
                                                                      🤢
                                                                      😎
                                                                      😞
                                                                      😡
                                                                      👍
                                                                      👎
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"