X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejuanpiman
    • Nov 2006

to rotel or to not?

well guys, right now i have a yamaha 5940 wich is a 6.1 reciever, i just purchased a set of b&w 705's with there stands, i want just a stereo setup, my question is will switching to a rotel RX-1052 be much of a diffrence in quality, or loudness, basically i will have a 2.1 setup, thanks for your time...
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

Rotel all the way. It's more musical than Yamaha.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Yes sir, especially in a 2.1 setup.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• ejuanpiman
        • Nov 2006

thanks for the fast response guys, i think i will biwire them with some catcables speaker cables, and use the speaker b outputs for the subwoofer, right now i have a mirage s8 subwoofer, i like the way it sounds, is that a good subwoofer??, also how should i set the crossovers to the 705's from the rotel???

Comment

• ejuanpiman
          • Nov 2006

alright guys, so today i got the rotel, let me just say that the bass is way more better and deeper than before, before i used to see it and feel the subwoofer move, but not much sound, now its the whole way around, i had to lower the level by far, now as i am awaiting my 705's to get here, im using some sony towers, that now i can feel i need some better speakers, i cant wait to recieve them.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

That's wonderful news, keep up posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• ejuanpiman
              • Nov 2006

will there be any diffrence between the b&w's over the sonys?, anothe question is, do i have to break in the rotel, if so how long, i havnt been pushing it at all untill i clear this out, thanks for your time guys.

Comment

• Alex999
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ejuanpiman
                will there be any diffrence between the b&w's over the sonys?, anothe question is, do i have to break in the rotel, if so how long, i havnt been pushing it at all untill i clear this out, thanks for your time guys.

Congratulations. Now, let's compare B&W and Sony speakers. Hmm, it's like comparing a Yugo with BMW (or Mercedes) :B.

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                  • Nov 2006

oh ok, im just a little anxiouse, and like to get worked up about stuff, anyways, do i have to let the amplifier break in or i dont?

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

I think you do, to be honest, it took my pre/amp combo about 2 weeks each (bought them at seperate times) to really get the bass to come through on my speakers and the sound stage to open up. Course this could partially be my brain re-wiring itself to the differences...

Once you get your 705s, you will definitely need to let them open up over the first couple weeks. Don't be disappointed if they aren't everything you expected...give them some time and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• RockShow01
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Alex999
                      Congratulations. Now, let's compare B&W and Sony speakers. Hmm, it's like comparing a Yugo with BMW (or Mercedes) :B.
                      I love this post. I have just enough experience with Sony and B&W speakers to know just how right you are. The only problem with B&W is the premium price they want for everything above the 700 series.

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                        • Nov 2006

ok great, now all i have to do is wait till they get here...meanwhile im breaking in the rotel...

Comment

• ejuanpiman
                          • Nov 2006

well i got the b&w's yesterday, and what a diffrence, thanks guys for your advice.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"