X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eponies54
    • Jan 2006

RSX1065 market price?

Currently own a Denon AVR3802 and am considering the RSX1065.
    I have a friend who is selling his black faced rsx1065 and we are not finding fair market value prices. Anyone have a link or possible price he and I might agree on?
    My understanding is this is mint condition with all the packaging including double box. The accessories mentioned here, I am not really interested in but it all adds up.
    Any good input as to what this is worth would be greatly appreciated.
    We are in the Austin, TX area if this helps any.
    Thx in advance folks.
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

The receiver new was 2000.00. It's out of date but a fantastic receiver. The 1065 is what got me into Rotel and made me leave B&K.

If you can get it for around 1200.00 or less, your getting a great deal. Maybe you buddy will give it to yeah for like 900.00 or so.

I would pay 1000.00 for one. It's well worth it how good it is.

The newer 1068 I have seen for around 1400.00 used on www.audiogon.com

Comment

• eponies54
      • Jan 2006

Thx Dmantis. He actually is asking alot less than what you described. Seems he fell in love with a Denon 5800 that has been modified.
      I am a EE and what I see in design from Rotel is exceptional. I have always believed that the basis for quality electronics is the power supply.
      I also have a stand alone Adcom 2 channel system in my office and Adcom builds a very stout amp for little greens.
      Thx again for your input. I think I am off to buy this 1065 this morning.

Comment

• Rob Baker
        • Apr 2006

I currently own the RSX 1065 and love it. Its the black model which i actually perfer. A few months ago i had the receiver upgraded with the latest software and EPROM available at my local dealer. My 1065 being 4 years old and not having HDMI switching and being out of date now. Do you thinks its time to upgrade ? What am i losing out on with upgrading ? The system sounds awsome but i'm always willing to upgrade if its worth it. Also, im in Canada an paid $3000. The 1067 at the local dealer is asking 3300. If i were to upgrade i have a friend who might be interested...he loves my 1065. Should i just add 1000 to the above numbers ? Does that sound resonable to you guys and fellow Canadians ?

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

eponies54,

Let us know what you think of the 1065.

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Rob Baker
            I currently own the RSX 1065 and love it. Its the black model which i actually perfer. A few months ago i had the receiver upgraded with the latest software and EPROM available at my local dealer. My 1065 being 4 years old and not having HDMI switching and being out of date now. Do you thinks its time to upgrade ? What am i losing out on with upgrading?
            In my opinion you are not losing out on much at all. Keep the 1065.

If you are curious as to my reasoning, see the recent thread on RSX-1055 to RSX-1057 upgrade.

Comment

• eponies54
              • Jan 2006

Thx for all the input folks.

Brought the 1065 home for a 2 channel session and connected to Dynaudio Audience 70 with 4TC Kimber and ran a Denon changer into it via coax as a transport. Loaded James Horner Clear and Present Danger, Holst the Planets, Keb Mo, Dire Straits and Clanned that are well done CD's. I enjoy many types of music.

I must admit, this is sweeter than the Denon 3802 and the bass in substantially stronger and tighter. First impression is that there is better vocal and instrument placement in the soundstage.

The only issue I have is the remote and documentation of it. Had to connect a monitor to see what I was doing. Have looked through both receiver and RR-969 manual and this remote is going to need some study. Anyone have a manual or URL that is more descriptive on what buttons control what receiver functions?

To answer the question our Canadian friend has on his 1065, I have always run video direct to my TV/DLP. Yes, the spouse did have to learn how to switch the TV input first then switch the receiver but she is quite the learner and doesn't mind. What this means is if you are pleased with your audio sections, don't trade it away because of video/switching issues. The 1065 is really a stellar audio piece that IMHO is worth keeping.

Tomorrow is the real test. It will go into my surround system and we'll see how Martin Logan SL3's sound being powered just by the receiver. The 1065 did power the 4 ohm Dyns quite nicely so do not believe it will be an issue.

Chat with you all later, going to go listen a bit more.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"